Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roommate just picked up an FZR for his first street bike. He'd like to have a more accurate, and digital, speedo on it. Thing is, only one I can find info about (and not much of it) is the sigma.

Anyone make a true aftermarket speedo for non-harley bikes? Any guage setups that might swap into the bike (I doubt it but it's worth a shot).

Also, is the Sigma backlit at all?

Thanks!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Sigma sport 800 is the one. Find it on ebay for cheap. Comes with all instructions. Very accurate and has many nice features. Mitch

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kick ass, thanks ya'll!

I'll clue him in later in the day (I'm the only early bird in the house, everyone else is still asleep).

I'll post pics and stuff of the FZR when we get it done.

Picked it up for $1600, dropped about $800 into it (new brakes/disks, rebuilt forks, re-jetted and synced carbs, etc).

So far he has the following mods in the works (had some of the parts before he had the bike! )

2001 R6 Tail/seat
Seat custom mounted to hinge like a CBR cowl/seat
2002 R6 undertail/taillight
2000+ YZF 600 upper and headlight
WRX Blue Paint
Custom painted frame
Custom guage setup (sigma for speedo flushed into guage area)

It already has the following:

F2 Back Rim (With spricket, cush drive, etc)
Yosh Braided Steel highmount exhaust
Flushmounts

There's more but you get the idea. This is a hell of a project and he's knee deep in it already. Pretty cool for someones first bike.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Did ya'll do he wheel swap or was it done already? I'm curious how it was done.

My first bike was a '92 Vance&Hines limited edition # 501

·
Registered
19 Posts
Can he try to get a speedo off of one of the newer Yami's?

I am trying to save my pennies to get a 929 speedo for my 900 because with a little rewireing it'll woek. Dunno about Yami's though. Maybe even an R1 might work.

·
Registered
91 Posts
FZR speedo's are run off the front wheel. R1/R6 speedo's are run from the tranny.

900 speedo's are run from the counter shaft sprocket
929's are run from the tranny

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
soniccbr : Did ya'll do he wheel swap or was it done already?  I'm curious how it was done.  

My first bike was a '92 Vance&Hines limited edition # 501
We didn't do it but if you head over to FZR Archives they have full write ups on how to do it. It isn't to hard, just takes a lot of parts from the F2 (Cush drive, sprocket, rim, etc).

But this one was already done, and seems to have been done write. we'll know better once we've had it apart to take care of the frame and swingarm.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Blademan99 : Can he try to get a speedo off of one of the newer Yami's?

I am trying to save my pennies to get a 929 speedo for my 900 because with a little rewireing it'll woek. Dunno about Yami's though. Maybe even an R1 might work.
yo, blademan! can you pick another color? i think you're writing in lemon juice... i had to hold that post up to the light!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts