Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible? It's a BITCH to close (have to slam it), and it needs too much force to open it with the key, and it's bending the key every time I try to open it. Is it possible to height-adjust these seats, or am I going to have to resort to filing some of the metal off the loop on the bottom of the seat?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Is it possible? It's a BITCH to close (have to slam it), and it needs too much force to open it with the key, and it's bending the key every time I try to open it. Is it possible to height-adjust these seats, or am I going to have to resort to filing some of the metal off the loop on the bottom of the seat?

You can probably use washers to position it more accurately.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I cut out the lock, the loop, and the massive mount for the loop... now just have a bungy cord to pull it flat.... more storage, way more flush placement of the seat, and everyone assumes you have a lock... as if that POS lock would slow them down more than 10 seconds anyway lol.

Yep, no latch or spring on mine.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Has it got a grab or grab rail/rack combined. If not it might of have once and the brackets have been left fitted which will course it to be tight. I push down on the rear seat and operate the key at the same time and it works fine.

·
Registered
222 Posts
If your not concerned with having a locking system! remove the locking loop then remove pillion seat & reverse the spring so it catches on the helmet locking tang,this will cause the pillion seat snap down.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not a bad idea with the spring - thanks !! Will debate it, as having a decent amount of space under the seat to store stuff is really nice, so having a lock is preferable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts