Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sitting on the 954rr is not as comfortable as the ZX-9r. When I sit on the ZX-9r my thighs are wrapped firmly into the tank. Especially that part where the top comes out. My legs feel locked in. With the 954rr I have to raise my legs a little to get snug in there, sometimes tippy toeing. Is there something I can do, for that fit feeling.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Maybe I should reword this.

Is there a rule of thumb when it comes to adjusting the foot pegs for better comfort.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
The rule?  If they aren't dragging, move them until you feel comfortable.

·
Registered
929 Posts
just_john : How do you move the pegs?  Do you have to buy adaptors.
No, you can buy some rearsets instead (currently you have pegs in OEM version), but locating someone that makes OEM peg adapters would be the cheapest route. There was a member that made and sold them at one time. Anyone remember the members name or thread ID?

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
If you have the stock pegs, they aren't adjustable. To obtain a different position you'd need to buy rearsets. I also believe that someone on the forum was selling a riser for the stock pegs, but I forget who. If you search, it should come up.
Some rearsets are a fixed position, they are about 1 inch up and 1 inch back from the stock position. Other rearsets are adjustable, usually anywhere from the stock position to an inch back and up, in increments.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to get an idea. How do people normally want them? What height did they design the 954rr for. And do you want the pegs higher or lower if you were shorter or taller?

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
It depends on your riding more than your height, actually. I don't think anyone would want to lower them for more legroom due to clearance issues. Mostly, folks who race or do trackdays get rearsets so they can raise the pegs up and back for more clearance. The typical rearset, if there is such a thing, raises the pegs about 1 inch up and 1 inch back. When you're doing track or aggressive riding, the stock pegs will hit the ground, particularly if the peg feelers are still attached.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts