Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my 929 is at 17k miles and has never had a valve adjustment. Anyone have a write up on it? I have the factory service manual, but have not consulted it yet. Is this a very difficult task on this bike? Any insite from other previous experiences would be appreciated.

·
Registered
502 Posts
DavidGS said:
Ok, my 929 is at 17k miles and has never had a valve adjustment. Anyone have a write up on it? I have the factory service manual, but have not consulted it yet. Is this a very difficult task on this bike? Any insite from other previous experiences would be appreciated.
It isn't difficult, but it is time consuming. Write down notes about the clearance of each valve and if any need adjusting (unlikely) the cams will come out. Note the thickness of the shim and then use the formula in the manual for determining the necessary thickness for spec clearance.

Remember, it is better to have valves a little loose than the other way around. Patience and attention to detail will see you through this just fine. I doubt that you will need to go past just checking clearance.

My motor has 55K on it and has never needed an actual adjustment of any of the valve clearances.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts