Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
nice video+cat. i think sedici kinda takes a back seat to brands like alpinestar when the sedici is just as good and usually quite a bit less money. a nice brand at a reasonable cost really.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
And that's why we wear the gear. :) Good review and glad you're ok!
That was a pretty crazy lowside. Didn't look like anything was going on, then down! I'm surprised you were able to keep from damaging your helmet as fast as you hit.
I personally hate field testing stuff, but it's nice to be able to get up and walk away. What track was it?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love alpinestar, yes they are alittle more expensive but I love the fit and padding.
They are nice, but for the price I would get a custom suit made.

And that's why we wear the gear. :) Good review and glad you're ok!
That was a pretty crazy lowside. Didn't look like anything was going on, then down! I'm surprised you were able to keep from damaging your helmet as fast as you hit.
I personally hate field testing stuff, but it's nice to be able to get up and walk away. What track was it?
It was MSR Houston. From what we've tried to figure out it was most likely from cold tires. I didn't think I was leaning enough to have the front end wash, but that's what it did. Could have been debris, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Cold tires sound pretty likely, esp if it was an early session or first lap out. It really didn't look like much was going on. Not a lot of lean, and it didn't really look like your were pushing hard. Only other thing would've been if you were on the brake at all.
What sort of tires do you run?
Still looked like you had a pretty good run the other part of the day and not bad for your first time out with the bike.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I saw that you do a lot of stuff with bikes. You ever turn any of your dirtbikes into motards? I want to get back into street riding but don't want anything that fast and was thinking that turning a CRF 450 into a motard might be an option.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I saw that you do a lot of stuff with bikes. You ever turn any of your dirtbikes into motards? I want to get back into street riding but don't want anything that fast and was thinking that turning a CRF 450 into a motard might be an option.
I used to have an Aprilia SXV550, awesome bike but heavy on maintenance. My BF and I converted a 2009 CRF450 to sumo for the track. I think streeting one might be too much for the valves. I know the WRs take well to street sumo-ing. I also have a little KTM65 that is a little mini-moto bike...now that little thing is fun!!

Here is a video of the conversion we did:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Thanks! Pretty cool vid. So outside of wheels and tires is there anything else you needed to do for the conversion? Moreover on the tires, can you mount performance street tires on the dirtbike rims or do you need to replace the rims as well?
The mini moto looked like a blast as well.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Nice review and thanks for sharing. The Sedicis looked like they held up brilliantly and not a bad looking set of leathers. Im keeping an eye out for a decent deal for my 1st leather onesy so will definitely not be overlooking any sedici stuff that comes up.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Thanks! Pretty cool vid. So outside of wheels and tires is there anything else you needed to do for the conversion? Moreover on the tires, can you mount performance street tires on the dirtbike rims or do you need to replace the rims as well?
The mini moto looked like a blast as well.
If I can remember right you'll need the sumo 17" wheels, hubs, front and rear brake rotor, brake caliper relocator for the front, sprocket gearing change because of the smaller diameter wheels

It wouldn't be a true supermoto with the dirtbike wheels, they would be big and awkward on the street if you are going for a motard feel. I think only dual sport style tires are available in actual dirt bike wheel sizes.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry for the threadjack, but how's your RC51? Last I saw you had it back on the road. Still riding it?
Haha, that original SP1 RC51 is long gone. I ended up with a SP2 now actually. I straight traded that wrecked CBR600 after I repaired it for a track RC. Got it back to street trim and been riding it when I'm not riding my S1k :)
I did a review on my RC a few months ago, the Thunder Pig!

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Good video! :clap:

Everything you said about the bike: it's characteristics, power, looks, enjoyability of riding, heaviness, etc, etc, was spot on. Good sensible review and very accurate. imo.
:thumb:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Great review of the RC as well! They are great bikes and they always surprise me at how fast they are at the track, you really have to be on your game to beat them out of the corners, plus they really do sound great when piped.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
If I can remember right you'll need the sumo 17" wheels, hubs, front and rear brake rotor, brake caliper relocator for the front, sprocket gearing change because of the smaller diameter wheels

It wouldn't be a true supermoto with the dirtbike wheels, they would be big and awkward on the street if you are going for a motard feel. I think only dual sport style tires are available in actual dirt bike wheel sizes.
Thanks! When I get that 'disposable' cash I know what I'll be doing now. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts