Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

So I've fitted my shiny new Arrow full system (sounds awesome by the way) but have found that I had to tweak the fairing mounts to gain some clearence between the left hand header pipe at the bottom bend and the fairing.

I've got about 3 to 4mm - do you guys reckon that'll be enough to ensure the fairing doesn't melt after a session on the track ?

I could take everything off again to check if the pipes can't be nudged a bit to the right - although I want to be fairly careful as they run beautifully straight with about 10mm clearence past the engine sump...

What do you think ?

Cheers, Spanky.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BUMP !

Would someone be able to take a look under their standard 954 and check to see how much clearence there is between the lower left-hand header at the bottom bend and the left hand fairing near the vent please ?

I'm thinking that it must be fairly tight but can't remember what mine looked like before I removed the standard exhaust.

Thanks, Spanky.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all your suggestions - I was gonna follow CBR929RE's advice when I discovered some aluminium insulation tape at the local hardware store (Bunnings for the Aussies reading this) - it's for air conditioning ducts and is rated to 127 degrees Celsius which I'm sure will do the trick...

Cheers, Spanky

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.