Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After purchasing this 00 929 as a daily rider for a 45+ minute trek to school I immediately got an alarm to have installed. While garage kept at home shes parked in an open unmonitored lot during the 4+ hours class is in session.

After the Honda stealer telling me "hell no we wont touch it if you didnt buy it here" and a quote of $300 from a KTM dealer that Ive had dealings with for parts in the past I shelved the box hoping to save up the cash. While I was checking the air filter today (is there a trick to getting the tank off without spilling gas everywhere?)
I decided to try and install it myself.

Basic wiring I can do. Positive to positive, check. Negative to negative, check. Running the nifty little blue LED under the tank so your average idiot can see it and think twice, check. Now the "fun" part. It has an autokill feature. However, WTF is a flameout wire and where is it located at? I was guessing I could tie into the kickstand switch and that would serve the same purpose. Also, theres some wiring I wont be using IMO no need to have a remote start (Engine start wire) and I see no point to having the flashers blink when I arm or disarm the alarm.

Thanks in advance for any help I get.

Ride safe youll live longer

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
While I was checking the air filter today (is there a trick to getting the tank off without spilling gas everywhere?)
No idea on the alarm but you don't remove the tank to access the air filter, you just prop it up. There is no way of removing the tank without spilling fuel as it has no shut-off valve.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya that was my thought, silly design. Only pulled tank off cause I wasnt sure how the box came apart being as it was my 1st time checking it since I bought the bike. Turned out I needed to pull it off anyway to run wiring for LED so it all turned out good. Now if I can just figure out how to run the engine cut of portion of this silly alarm....

Thanks Blade

·
Registered
12 Posts
I do car / bike alarms for living BUT it depends on make of the alarm some alarms needs the indicators to work some dont.

" Now if I can just figure out how to run the engine cut of portion of this silly alarm.... "

Normaly the alarm will have 2 cuts one for Coilpack and fuel cut. some guys will add an solinoid to cut the fuel or just use the fuel pumps wires.
And on the alarm it self there will be 2 wires per cut " lets say your using the fuel pump as an cut use the positive wire of the pump cut it and the one wire of the alarm goes on the one side and same for other side.

flameout will be you coilpack. = coilpack gives your sparkplugs ..... spark lol.

Dont know if that is what you wanted to know?!?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, that is a help yes. Thanks :)

Ive since wired most of the alarm in and it is mostly working. Alarm goes off, lights flash, neighbors give me dirty looks. However it does not kill the motor or keep the bike from starting. That in itself is why I purchased this alarm. More trial and error and pouring over the wiring diagram is in my future it seems :smilebig:

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
I don't have the same model but I recently installed an aftermarket alarm on mine. Having the flashers blink when you arm/disarm the alarm will also blink them when the alarm is triggered. If you have your bike parked with others it will quickly attract the attention of anyone in the area as to something going on with your bike. Attention is what you want so that anyone who was messing with it will leave.

Also, I have my ignition disable wire spliced into the power for the fuel pump. If I activate the anti hijack feature they can only go a few seconds before the engine shuts off and the alarm goes into full banshee mode.

·
Registered
1 Posts
(quoteDarkenraa) I do car / bike alarms for living BUT it depends on make of the alarm.

:) Hey all, noob here...

Darkenraa 'interesting profile name' i'm also here in S.A, infact from Cape Town too. left 2 months ago to JHB in an attempt to make more money. :confused: cool you're in to alarms! coincidentally so am i. auto watch, sanji, foxguard, msi, shurlok etc... had a shop a few years back but closed due to our recession.

anyways hope you or maybe any one else can be a huge help? the scooter that i bought for my little sister has an alarm on it. it's an 'alpha guard' think model no is 'AG-M81' it's the remote start type with shock sensor etc.

after her riding in the rain yesterday, the alarm started going on & off on it's own the whole night & this morning it would'nt start. it just swings, so i pulled the spark plug out & checked & no spark! so i'm fairly sure it's the alarm after contacting the local scooter supplier.

after emailing alpha guard, searching the net & asking the scooter shops. i ask if you or any one has the holy grail for this alarm? a wiring diagram or if you could explain how i can bypass the alarm? i want to reconnect the circuit's that are cut but have no clue of this brand ALPHA GUARD. it was factory fitted. here's a link showing you a pic of the same alarm. hope this helps & you can help so she can get to & from school again... :O

many thanks in advance.

Motorcycle Alarm System w Remote Engine Start : eBay Motors (item 400110928030 end time Apr-28-10 18:38:00 PDT)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.