Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still thinking about changing the colour of my bike, nowt wrong with it (to my colourblind eyes), just fancied a change & it's cheaper than buying a new bike.

I was going to scan around fleabay & buy up some old panels & get them re-sprayed, but I have just come across this website:

http://www.motocc.co.uk/acatalog/Honda_CBR-900RR_919_1998_-_1999.html

I've seen kits like this on e-bay from China but that didn't appeal as they are bound to be cheap & nasty & I think there was a thread on here about them...saying that, it states that these kits come from overseas....but where?

These are made from ABS like the orignals, not fibreglass or something flimsy.
Then again, is it worth risking that amount of money for something that could end up being a pile of kack?

·
Registered
13 Posts
HI
Just been through all the hassle of repairing my bike due to fairing damage and tried the site you mentioned they come waterlooville near Portsmouth. I must have sent them loads of e-mails with no reply and phone calls with no reply so gave up with them.
Looking at the way they show them they seem the same as the ones from china anyway!! and having spoken to a lot of people regarding the china panels I was told by all of them to stay away as they don't line up and you end up doing a lot drilling to get them to fit and that makes it look rough.
I also looked into buying panels from the famous web site getting them sprayed up then buying decals but after going through all that it was cheaper to by new in the same colour and with decals on? If your panels are ok then it shouldn't cost a lot of money to spray them then they may be able to clone your decals or you can buy some after- market ones. I just wanted to keep my bike original to hold its value when selling it at a later date. You could try the link they seem fairly cheap on panels but did not do all of the panels. Other then that you can buy the panels from the famous Honda parts dealer- D.Silver he don't only sell original parts but pattern that will fit.
Delkevic :: Shop > Delkevic - Honda Top Fairing :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.