Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After viewing Factory Pro's web site, it got me to thinking about different cam set ups. Currently I have a set of Erion spec cams sitting on a shelf not being used. On the Factory Pro website, they have a dyno graph where they are using the Erion intake (I think it's the intake) cam with a stock exhaust cam. Has anyone ever tried this? When using both Erion cams, the power below 8k is quite disappointing, after 8k it turns into a monster. Perhaps using only one aftermarket cam would help the curve to be a bit more linear?

CBRBob, are you out there? I know you've altered your cams using adjustable cam sprockets for more mid range. Curious to know how the results were/are. Any experience with what I mentioned above?

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To any interested, I did try the combination of the erion race intake cam with the stock exhaust cam with great results. I've only had it out once for a quick jaunt, but the low end hesitation is not as bad as using both the intake and exhaust erion cams. Seat of the pants feel is awsome. I did not degree in either of the cams, so it may even get better. It seems to be a good combination without a lot of low-mid range compensation, while I still get the awsome top end pull.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
That is interesting.

What mods were done on the exhaust port and/or valves?

Mine pulled like a banshee with both street cams in. Degreeing didn't help on MY set-up. But you should try it, if you have dyno time, on yours.

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
luvtolean said:
That is interesting.

What mods were done on the exhaust port and/or valves?

Mine pulled like a banshee with both street cams in. Degreeing didn't help on MY set-up. But you should try it, if you have dyno time, on yours.
Hey LTL,
I was starting to wonder if this was going to be a solo thread.:eek: The head is a FX head from Anadale Racing. It has the Ti valves, retainers, and different springs. I wish I was closer to DK as you've mentioned some dyno experiences with him. It's hard to find around here, atleast with a decent mechanic that knows a bit about degreeing and is willing to take the time for a reasonable cost. I think I'll drop the motor again this winter and take it to a trusted mechanic and atleast get the cams degreed. I don't know that it will do much good, as I've heard the stock cams are quite good, but not to sure about the erion cam.:idunno: I know CBRBob has mentioned degreeing aftermarket cams and tuning them for more midrange. Unfortunately I don't know anything about doing this. Thoughts to ponder...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts