Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a pair of aftermarket LED mirrors to install on my 954, only problem is they are not a direct fit replacement. The threaded stud attached to the mirror base does not rotate. I was unable to pry open the plastic surround at the base to access the studs. So essentially they are fixed. That leaves me without knowing of any practical way to install them to my bike except to drill holes in the metal fairing brace/bracket that they fit to and fasten the end with a nut. See pics below & please please if anyone has a suggestion on how to install these, then please let me know your thoughts.

·
Registered
286 Posts
How about returning them to the vendor and have them send you the correct ones that fit your model year bike (obvious solution, I know - LOL) - sure beats having to hack your bike up though, ya know?

That style mirror almost reminds me of what the factory mirrors on my old 2011 fireblade looked like (I could be mistaken - just based on what I remember from what the mirror housing looked like ? it's been years now).

Reactions: chuckhunter

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How about returning them to the vendor and have them send you the correct ones that fit your model year bike (obvious solution, I know - LOL) - sure beats having to hack your bike up though, ya know?

That style mirror almost reminds me of what the factory mirrors on my old 2011 fireblade looked like (I could be mistaken - just based on what I remember from what the mirror housing looked like ? it's been years now).
Thanks for replying Chuck. Too late to return the items, but I wouldn't do that anyway. I know the part was not specifically designed for my cbr954, but from the looks I figured I could make them work. I did the same with a previous pair of mirrors I installed on this bike. And I believe they are designed to fit that model fireblade that you had. Do you recall how it was fastened to the frame? it appears it simply needs a loose nut to fasten/attach it? is that how it was with your blade?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts