Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 98 900rr and it needs plastics, I was looking on ebay at the sets from Hong Kong I am very new to these bikes and wondering if $500 is to good to be true? I'm also looking for a tank if anyone has any ideas?

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you are expecting OEM Quality then go to the deal but I just orderd my second set of Ebay ABS fairings and they have treated me rather well. You are going to have to watch out of the Holes as they might need to be drilled a little more and check your clearance on the exhaust on the bottom fairings.
My first set were sitting right aginst the hearder and I didn't notice till after I was on it for a while and when I stopped smoke was coming for the fairings and they were bubbling lol.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you are expecting OEM Quality then go to the deal but I just orderd my second set of Ebay ABS fairings and they have treated me rather well. You are going to have to watch out of the Holes as they might need to be drilled a little more and check your clearance on the exhaust on the bottom fairings.
My first set were sitting right aginst the hearder and I didn't notice till after I was on it for a while and when I stopped smoke was coming for the fairings and they were bubbling lol.
do you remember the sellers name you got your fairings from. my bike has one cracked fairing but i cant bring myself to pay 300 for just a middle fairing. im debating on ordering a aftermarket set. how is the paint quality?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Paint quality is nothing to get excited over but I have had many comments on how nice the bike looks you tend to see some clear coat build up on the very edge of the plastics which nothing a little wet sanding won't fix. I will PM you the link to the store. If you order for these guys they will send you a free rear seat cowl and a new windscreen also.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
auctmarts are the best out there.. they have what they call "perfect fit" which is just about as close as you can get to factory quality, and you can custom design any set you want..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts