Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Bit of a weird one this...

For some reason when headlights turned on, it's draining my battery big style. I thought it was reg/rec so replaced it's and not that causing the issue.

Looked for shorts everywhere!!!

The battery is still charging but gets over ruled by the headlight.

Any help would be great !! Pwease.

·
Banned
1,715 Posts
check your battery cables for any corrosion. corrossion will creep under the battery wire insulation near the ends or any place where the insulation is cut through.

Test your stator.

I'm having a headlight diming issue right now to and i'm not very happy about it. When my bike is idling below 1100 rpm the headlight goes dim, if i blip the throttle a little they brighten up. It's t'ing me off because i just bought a new battery and new voltage r/r. I may need to go buy a new positive cable for my battery because i think it's pretty darn old anyhow.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good plan,

I cleaned the crimps at the terminal ends and noticed some corrosion. I do need to check the stator also, but I'm sure once they're gone they're gone but the batteries still charging.

Your problem definately sounds like the stator, I had the same issue with a H reg cbr 6.

Have you checked stator ?

·
Banned
1,715 Posts
No, i'm lazy. I haven't fixed my turn signals properly yet. lol. I'd rather sit at the computer than work on my bike.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys,

Bit of a weird one this...

For some reason when headlights turned on, it's draining my battery big style. I thought it was reg/rec so replaced it's and not that causing the issue.

Looked for shorts everywhere!!!

The battery is still charging but gets over ruled by the headlight.

Any help would be great !! Pwease.

Did anybody find I solution to this problem as I now have the same thing!

It only discharges the battery when I have the lights on!

Have Changed:-Reg Rec and replaced Batt!

Its driving me MAD!!!!!:confused: :mad:

·
Banned
1,715 Posts
I plan on fixing the forks, installing a new oem ( to me )exhaust system, fixing the turn signals, test the stator, and washing/waxing the bike this weekend. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
check the stator to make sure it's charging the battery
Yes I think its charging,I get the following readings:

-Batt power (Bike not running) = 12.5v

-Bike running @ 5000rpm = 14.2v

-Bike running with lights on @ 5000rpm = 8.2v

I dont understand!!!!:huh:

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Problem solved was the Reg/Rec!
I had changed this at first for another second hand item but that too was goosed!
Brand new item and all is right! ;)

Cheers Dan.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts