Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
I'm pretty shocked she even knew where the engine was. Sounded like Some knew what they were talkin about, but, I wish daddy would give me a car like that....zoom zoom. If you are gonna drive a car like that, you should know what it has, damn! Otherwise just friggin trade it in for an Accent...

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
I think the guy holding the camera was attempting to be gravely humourous...I hope?

That was wild, but 11:18 of dryhumping and nauseous videography :thumbd: to that even being posted on the internet. Not to 2OH because you should be aware that this is good ricer-PR :D but to those kids for actually posting it!

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
hmm, public directory listing should probably be turned off if you're attempting to run a buisness off of the hosting url, maybe?

in light of my above post and rewatching the closing of the vid - Im guessing the people in the Supra have been trash talking the dudes filming...so they had to get them on tape wussing out of the opportunity to race.

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
asiliat said:
"Does it have triple turbo?"

Shoot, I'm not a real car guy... still
I think it has one in the trunk too, where the amp used to be? ;)

Hey are those the new carbon fiber K&N filters
:rotfl: (..I only say that because they're dark as night)

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
:supergay:

Reminds me of Ephatch.com I got on there to find some cheap mods, only to find out them dudes on there do the same type of crap. Sure is funny though :thumb:

·
Registered
819 Posts
To paraphrase a classic Adam Sandler movie:

We are all dumber after watching that...

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
pdx954 said:
Since when? How exactly will a direct port intake cause the turbo to spool?
Idunno, a decade or more? Some, maybe most, full-on drag turboed cars don't even have filters, just velocity stacks mounted directly to the turbos, or an integral part of the intake side.

Well, let's see, if done properly, there's less restriction, and the intake charge is cooler, both of which result in more power. That's all I can think of right now, but I'm sure there are more reasons to go this route.

·
Registered
328 Posts
2OHOH2 said:
Idunno, a decade or more? Some, maybe most, full-on drag turboed cars don't even have filters, just velocity stacks mounted directly to the turbos, or an integral part of the intake side.

Well, let's see, if done properly, there's less restriction, and the intake charge is cooler, both of which result in more power. That's all I can think of right now, but I'm sure there are more reasons to go this route.
My apologies turbo master, not trying to start anything guy :thumb: Just seemed like a completely inefficient way to properly use a turbo system for what it was designed for. Just seems like trying to inject cold pressurized air into and engine without running an FMIC or even a TMIC is a complete waste of resources. But then painting your air bag cover when you run out of gas isn't exactly a good use of resources either.

Sorry to get your panties in a bunch. Hope you have a nice day :D

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
pdx954 said:
My apologies turbo master, not trying to start anything guy :thumb: Just seemed like a completely inefficient way to properly use a turbo system for what it was designed for. Just seems like trying to inject cold pressurized air into and engine without running an FMIC or even a TMIC is a complete waste of resources. But then painting your air bag cover when you run out of gas isn't exactly a good use of resources either.

Sorry to get your panties in a bunch. Hope you have a nice day :D
:rolleyes:

Turbos: http://auto.howstuffworks.com/turbo.htm
Intercoolers (TMIC/FMIC/etc): http://auto.howstuffworks.com/turbo7.htm

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
What I thought was interesting was the girl mentioned that her ex-husband did some work to the yellow car. Now she is married to another dusche bag. They all looked like they could not be more than 19-20 years old. What a crowd of loosers.

I just don't get it. :confused:

·
Registered
328 Posts
The intercooler further increases the power of the engine by cooling the pressurized air coming out of the compressor before it goes into the engine. This means that if the turbocharger is operating at a boost of 7 psi, the intercooled system will put in 7 psi of cooler air, which is denser and contains more air molecules than warmer air.

So what am I missing here?

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
pdx954 said:
The intercooler further increases the power of the engine by cooling the pressurized air coming out of the compressor before it goes into the engine. This means that if the turbocharger is operating at a boost of 7 psi, the intercooled system will put in 7 psi of cooler air, which is denser and contains more air molecules than warmer air.

So what am I missing here?
Not sure, to be honest.

Air enters the turbo. Maybe through a filer and a long pipe , maybe not. The turbo compresses (and thus heats) the air, which then may be (should be) cooled down (made more dense) on its way to the combustion chamber by means of a Front Mount InterCooler, a Top Mount InterCooler, an air to water intercooler, water/nitrous/propane/alcohol/etc injection, or any combination thereof.

·
Registered
328 Posts
2OHOH2 said:
Not sure, to be honest.

Air enters the turbo. Maybe through a filer and a long pipe , maybe not. The turbo compresses (and thus heats) the air, which then may be (should be) cooled down (made more dense) on its way to the combustion chamber by means of a Front Mount InterCooler, a Top Mount InterCooler, an air to water intercooler, water/nitrous/propane/alcohol/etc injection, or any combination thereof.
Right, but I couldn't figure out how they had that filter set up. The air entering the Turbo is scavenged from the exhaust, hence spooling the turbo, going through the intercooler, and then into the engine. How the hell did they have that filter set up? Was it just for the ambient air inlet for the turbine itself? For some reason I just can't picture what the hell they did?

Edit: Nevermind, just looked at a T88 setup (typical for Supra's) it's a bit more clear but still a mess. I don't even know how that thing is running?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts