Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. i dropped my motor out of the bike to get the engine case fixed..opened the airbox and i saw that the "grate" the air filter attaches too it looks like its riveted in there on both sides so i have no idea how to change the filter

2. i broke my key about a year ago,i was in B.F.E and didn't have a spare at the time,so i put the broken peice in the ignition and turned it with the top peice..but now i have no idea how to get it out,i have the whole ignition apart..worse comes to worse i'll drill the key in half and hopefully it will come out,any ideas?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
1. i dropped my motor out of the bike to get the engine case fixed..opened the airbox and i saw that the "grate" the air filter attaches too it looks like its riveted in there on both sides so i have no idea how to change the filter

2. i broke my key about a year ago,i was in B.F.E and didn't have a spare at the time,so i put the broken peice in the ignition and turned it with the top peice..but now i have no idea how to get it out,i have the whole ignition apart..worse comes to worse i'll drill the key in half and hopefully it will come out,any ideas?
No idea what you mean about the grate - maybe some photos?
Have you tried a locksmith?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
im trying the lock smith tomorrow

as far as the grate its like some silver mesh over the filter but its attached to the actual cover
Attached to which cover?
The air filter is part #6 and covers the entire front half of the airbox.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
yeah 6,to replace the filter i have to replace that WHOLE plastic piece?
Yes, the whole piece that covers the front section of the airbox.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I took my ignition with a broken off key in it to a locksmith and he charged me $5 to pull the old piece out, and $4 each for 2 new keys. Quite reasonable IMO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts