Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please reserve the squid stuff. and just help with the question. i cannot seem to find anywhere on the bike where there is enough space.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I also would like suggestions.  The majority of us (I'm guessing) use our 'blades for daily commuters and having seen the effect on a cager  of an airhorn mounted on a friends 'wing had ,I've been thinking that the (low) weight addition would be well worth it as long as the horns were hidden...

J

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
how big is the horn?? I'd think that you'd remove the old one, and put the air horn there, aiming it downwards. I dunno though.

·
Registered
169 Posts
If you use (HELLA) horns their the same size and they can fit right behind your tail section on the inside of the side....bend the plastic back in the trunk and use some thick plastic ties...

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I'm not quite getting what you are saying...do you mean mount them in the trunk? Actually not a bad idea as the compressor would prolly fit as well, but nothing else would...
Thanks for the input.

J

·
Registered
497 Posts
I've thought about getting airhorns also. But like you I've had mounting location problems. I do think that they make normal size horns that are extra loud, supposed to mount in place of factory horns. Check out your local auto parts store.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Not airhorns, but better than stock, and much easier to mount: FIAMM Freeway Blaster (132dB output)

·
Registered
169 Posts
It will take a little work,go online and search for (HELLA HORNS).They are the same size and they have a european sound...take the rear cowl completely off,mount the compresser sideways close to the battery(put a hole in the plastic and use a wire tie) next mount one horn each on the plastic sides of your trunk with a wire tie(the plastic can flex as your putting your cowl back on) one installed you still have all of your trunk space because the horns are on the outer edge of the trunk where the rear cowl sticks out the farthest...nice and loud with no water in site!

·
Registered
929 Posts
One of the bikes I bought had the Hella horns thrown into the trunk (not secured or mounting in any pleasing fashion). I found a better use for them - replacing my roadrunner horn on the Integra. Now I scare the crap out of fellow cagers when they seem to loose their focus and impend on my 'personal space'. For the bike - I would opt for the horn 2OH is talking about - available at your local AutoZone/PepBoys.:thumb:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I am going with the rivco Magnum Air horns they fit where the stock ones were but are just as loud as a air horn. I saw them personally at Americade and they got me hooked
Rivco

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
CBR629,
Thanks, I'll look into this this week end, sounds like it might just work!

J

·
Registered
847 Posts
2OHOH2954 : Not airhorns, but better than stock, and much easier to mount: FIAMM Freeway Blaster (132dB output)
Anyone know what dB rating the stock 929 horn is? The Rivco one that was mentioned in a post a few weeks ago says it's 118dB. FIAMM being 132db is nice but how much over stock is that?

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Are you going to tell us what kind they are, or just post pictures?

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Holy old thread batman!

I think my dad's installed those on some of his cars. They are loud! Not sure where they're from, Autozone maybe :idunno:

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Pete said:
Are you going to tell us what kind they are, or just post pictures?
They look like FIAMMs :idunno:

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
these are pretty loud...

no strain on the stator either

1 - 20 of 21 Posts