Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm convinced that I still have an air bubble in the braking system. I had to open the system to change the reservoir hose and while I was at it, it was time to flush the old fluid.

I don't own a...can't find my vacuum bleeder and I'm not a rookie at brake bleeding, though I did have to relearn how to do it. I've bled the system at both calipers and the MC several times.

I have SS lines, so I'm sure it's not a rubber expansion issue. I've heard of people removing the calipers and laying the system out to get the bubble to move, but I'm hoping to avoid that, as my calipers are safety wired on and there's no way I could fish everything through the bodywork.

Looking for suggestions.

2006 (SC57) Fireblade.

·
Registered
576 Posts
So what's the problem? Squishy brakes? If everything is sealed the bubbles should be pushed out with proper bleeding. What steps are you taking to bleed?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm bleed the calipers from the furthest, then other caliper, then MC. I have a one-way check valve that ensures fluid passes.

I get about 1/3 travel before I get good brake pressure, but the brakes are effective when it gets there.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You might need to consider that the air is trapped in the highest point of the system which can be the banjo bolt connecting the hydraulic lines to the master cylinder. In that past I have had to crack this bolt open and bleed the system. I run two lines to the master cylinder which requires a longer bolt which by eye looks higher that the entrance to the master cylinder.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very possible it's at the banjo, but I'm not opening that, there's a copper washer there and I don't want to risk damaging it and it not holding pressure. I'm going to find my vacuum bleeder and just push the fluid from the bottom. I've got time to do it.

Just came back from the track and the brakes gave me no trouble- good one finger feel and power. I thought it was in my head but the morning tech inspector went right for the brake lever and it was the first thing he mentioned. So it's real.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts