Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.
I have sold my 08 Fireblade and bought a 0 milage 2009, got a great deal.
Had the Yoshimura Exhaust on the 08 bike, want to go with Akrapovic Evo Full Titanium System now.
NOW my question:
My mechanic said that you face problems with changing the oil filters with some akrapovic systems (space restriction), but he isnt sure about the Evo. U actually do have to loosen the headers all the time when u wanna change the oilfilter.

Anyone out here with a 09 blade with the full evo akrapovic titanium system having this experience?
Please help!!!

Thanks Dukester!

·
Registered
824 Posts
im suprised akrapovic would do something like that...they are a really good company...but im sure its possible...i would think the racing headers would put performance above anything else...but for the evo..which is more street/track oriented i would think it would be designed more user friendly...call akra and ask them!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sent them an email, no answer. the evo / race system difference is only that evo has titanium headers, race has stainless stell ones. Ordered the race now, as one of my friends has this one his his race bike and it works well. Was very tempted to get the titanium tho...

·
Registered
824 Posts
Ti is very nice metal..but it is more fragile than steel when it comes to longevity though..i think you went with a very good exhaust choice regardless of the header materials...until your worried about .1 second differences on your lap times just enjoy the great pipe ya got :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.