Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello folks...just bought a full akrapovic exhaust from ebay for my 929 and was planning on fitting it next spring (doing the valve clearances etc at the same time...then off to the dyno)...when I got an e mail from the seller telling me to make sure its the right pipe for the bike???? I mailed back saying the bike is a 929 and could he confirm its definitely a 929 akrapovic....ho hum no reply.
I have looked for pics on the net but with little sucess and the pipe has no ID stamps etc........I was wondering if anyone on here has a 929 or 954 akra pipe or a good closeup of the downpipes so I can compare mine. I really dont want to take the standard pipe off till I can get the new pipe mapped...which will not be this side of christmas cos Im skint lol......cheers............................davros

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
hello folks...just bought a full akrapovic exhaust from ebay for my 929 and was planning on fitting it next spring (doing the valve clearances etc at the same time...then off to the dyno)...when I got an e mail from the seller telling me to make sure its the right pipe for the bike???? I mailed back saying the bike is a 929 and could he confirm its definitely a 929 akrapovic....ho hum no reply.
I have looked for pics on the net but with little sucess and the pipe has no ID stamps etc........I was wondering if anyone on here has a 929 or 954 akra pipe or a good closeup of the downpipes so I can compare mine. I really dont want to take the standard pipe off till I can get the new pipe mapped...which will not be this side of christmas cos Im skint lol......cheers............................davros

I only have photos of mine after I wrapped the headers.
Can you post pics of the system you've bought?

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
I looked at that one on ebay mate and had a few emails back and forth with the seller. Mainly what put me off to be hoenst as he seemed unsure. Heres what info he gave me, hope it helps.

1st Q&A:

Dear res1net,

hi mate. which exact model was this removed from? A 954?

Answer:

I believe it is off a 00/01 954, i have matched it with a set of original 954 downpipes to confirm.

Cheers.

- res1net

2nd Q&A:

Dear res1net,

ok mate thanks, the 954 is 02-03 the 929 will fit too but before that won't.

Answer:

Sorry mate, i have got my wires crossed, it IS a from 929, i am going off my nut here as i have been dealing with stuff from 4 different models across the range, it definatly wont fit an earlier blade as i tried it on my one.

I will change the listing right now...

Cheers.

- res1net

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers stanley954......I have found a couple of pics on the net and it does look like the 929-954 pipe. I WILL BE PISSED IF ITS NOT LOL.

·
Registered
151 Posts
It looks similar to mine, but hard to say for sure. The stock header looks nothing like the Akra. The Akra tubes twist and move so much you wouldn't be able to compare much to stock. Each head pipe is sperate and slips into a collector, so they can twist and move all over the place. Is the can titanium or stainless? Doesn't ebay offer a buy back warranty or something?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hello bLouder....its the timescale....I didnt want to fit it right now and I dont think I would be able to send it back after a few weeks???

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Weight savings is huge! If its the titanium that is. I'm shocked how light that pipe is. You'll need a power commander to and a dyno tune to really reap the performance benefits from it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts