Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi chaps, what do you think, Ackro slip-on, Full Akro, or Full Yoshimura? I have read somewere you have to remove the full Akropovic to change the oil filter, Is this true? If so I think that rules it out.. Anyway whats your thoughts?

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you can afford the Full System...get the Akrapovic. My brother has the full system on his 954...sounds so sweet, plus it comes with some substantial power increase, who can complain?

Full System- more work, more power, more money
Slip on- less work, less power, less money

You choose :eek:

Goodluck with whatever you may decide to do.

·
Registered
399 Posts
If you look on Akropovics web site and compare the difference in HP gains between a full system and the slip on you will see a tiny gain between both.Ignore their stated RWHP as they are shall we say optimistic.I would save your hard earnt a go for the slip on.As for the full system interfering with the oil filter removal,i had a quick look at mine and couldn't decide as the filter is a strange shape.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I'm thinkin of a Akra slip on myself, looks better than the pice of junk that comes with the bike. No way can I afford the full system.

Does this Akra effect the exasust system adversly?? What happens to the valves on the standard system?

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'm thinkin of a Akra slip on myself, looks better than the pice of junk that comes with the bike. No way can I afford the full system.

Does this Akra effect the exasust system adversly?? What happens to the valves on the standard system?
The valves stay with the outgoing original silencer and after the fitting and programing of a PC111 you should notice a def improvement in low to mid RPM.And what a lovely noise it makes too.

And it is a shame that Akro dont do those infill panels but was wondering if the Yoshi ones would fit though.

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
As for the full system interfering with the oil filter removal,i had a quick look at mine and couldn't decide as the filter is a strange shape.
You mean, round?

Since the valve is in the exhaust, it is no longer used. You will need to keep the servo connected though.

too bad they don't come with a filler panel like the yosh!
You can use the Yosh and their panel doesn't work with their exhausts either; unless it was produced in middle November.

I saw a guy on 1000rr.net with a akro and the yosh heat shield but I have yet to hear back from him on how he did it.
Probably some bending and cutting on the panel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts