Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Serial Thriller said:
Don't write the Hondas off yet. Lap times are also important numbers. :eyebrows:
Very true.But really,who isnt sick of honda just trying to match the others?
They could easily whip up a sceamer.
Btw,got my new roadracing world magazine and the honda got last in the shootout.almost everyone was slowets on the honda except for one guy. .All were on the same tires,same track,same riders....

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
RRW hates hondas so no surprise there. But the dyno numbers are pathetic. :thumbd:

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Vizsladog44 said:
I'm also dissapointed about the new hondas bland styling.I felt they same way about my 929.
I agree that the 1000RR is an ugly duckling, but I think my 929 is among the best looking sportbikes made. :thumb:

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
The 1000RR wasn't last in torque at least :idunno:

I still say wait until they are all pooled together to rag (full evals). Some people like to beat up on Hondas while others like to beat up on Yamahumpers. :smilebig:

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I'm not surprised at all. Kawasaki was making decent power from their 899cc ZX-9s and they have always been able to make strong engines. What's interesting to note on that graph is that, despite being a year old, the Suzuki still has the most usable power. It's not up until about 9k that the ZX-10 starts pulling away. These were taken for one bike from each manufacturer, and it's possible that one was a "weaker" engine while another was stronger. It might be more accurate to see an average taken from, say, 20 bikes of each kind, and then overlay those averages.

I'm sure they're all going to be good bikes and anyone who wants one probably won't go wrong with choosing whichever bike they like best by looks. For me, it would probably be the Gixxer or the ZX-10. If I could agree with one thing that I've read from Max McAllister, it would be that most if not all bikes today aren't hamstringed by power. Their shortcomings, rather, are almost always related to their suspension and setup.

·
Registered
925 Posts
luvtolean said:
RRW hates hondas so no surprise there. But the dyno numbers are pathetic. :thumbd:
Just got the new RRW---the 1000RR was at 155, the ZX-10 was 161, GSXR1 was 150, the 180hp R1 WAS 151

they actually had a very objective review---on the bikes --reading between the lines on track only(w/street tires)----ZX-10, 1000RR---big gap---GSXR/R1

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
929Boomer said:
Just got the new RRW---the 1000RR was at 155, the ZX-10 was 161, GSXR1 was 150, the 180hp R1 WAS 151

they actually had a very objective review---on the bikes --reading between the lines on track only(w/street tires)----ZX-10, 1000RR---big gap---GSXR/R1
Again, the variance in dyno numbers is why I would like to see an average of 20 Hondas taken, then 20 Kawasakis, etc....and overlay the average dyno of each on a graph. That would probably give a better idea as to what to expect from each bike.

Two years ago, Motorcycle Online raved over the GSX-R. Then MotorcycleNews came out with a review based on common mods (exhaust, tires, etc) and the 954 got the nod. This magazine said this, that magazine said that. Motorcycle Online said that the 929's suspension was "spot-on", but spend 15 minutes on this site and you'll learn how poor it really is. The point is, with all the different "reviews" out, I think people can find whatever they're looking for. And since no one wants to think that they're buying an inferior machine, they're going to look to find an opinion that supports their own. What might be the perfect bike for one person may not for another.

The GSXR proved to be an awesome bike last year that offered more than most everyone could handle. Even if this year's crop of bikes only matches that bar, that's still an impressive collection of bikes from which to choose.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
same shit...every year. I am sorry, but this makes me ripped. I cannot see how a company that has so much more$ then the others can not finish first in so long.

Ok, that being said...HP is not everything, I would say its all about the way the bike will handle. It just bugs me that this is the pattern that Honda has slipped into. I still feel that fit and finish on a Honda is by far the best though! :)

Thats why I bought an RC...F* the HP game. Just buy a fat pig, and not worry about it. :thumb:

·
Registered
887 Posts
929Boomer said:

wasn't the new RR quoted at 172hp also? "only" 155? it seems as if Yamaha isn't the only one with these "claimed hp" numbers.... :rotfl:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
929Boomer said:

My rrw doesn't have a full test of the r1.Did you get a different issue than me??
Yup just looked.My rrw only has a ride review of the r1 and the 1000rr is ranked dead last in the comparo.The suzuki and kawi were faster at the track.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
The early track reviews of the Kaw seemed pretty consistent in saying it had a very suspect gearbox. All that HP won't do you much good if you're getting false neutrals, etc. :idunno:

It is really a case of all of the bikes being better than most any rider will ever need or use anyway - and I still think my 954 is better looking than all of 'em!

1 - 20 of 102 Posts