Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember who said that. If you do; your age is showing. Anyway, I just bought a bike from the original owner ;who gave it a good life . That is until the divorce.. The new relationship,brought in two 'Busas ,so out to the pasture the RC went, out in the desert sun; luckily it does not rain much here, so not too much damage was done; Except for the insert on the custon seat, cracking and heel rubber melting on the midpipe, I got it just in time; before the first snowfall.Now it is heated garage and total loving care wth new perishables since it was well taken care of with no abuse. That 189 mph run does not count right? I'm totally out of my league with such a beast so I really joined to seek help from more experienced peers. First time I rode it, I knew I was in over my head. The only other bike I've ridden was a 500 cc Yamaha back in the 70's. I'm hoping with your help I'll survive this midlife crisis if not ,please help my wife sell it so; the plot can be paid for.
Thank You all, and let's ride on , ride on.
PACO

·
Super Moderator
14,706 Posts
G'day & :welcome: . Respect the beast or she'll bite you on the @rse big time.
Other wise enjoy a lovely bike and have fun .......................carefully.:thumb:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:clap: your so right mate, had a scare today it is cold have a new tyre and throttled too heavily and it slipped but she forgave me and recovered. I feathered it the rest of the day. Let my little bro. lead with his 954.

·
Registered
11,724 Posts
Eh up Pcor, i'm with Macca on this take it easy cause we don't mend as easy as we used to at our age ! That said Cracking bike that give loads of fun :thumb:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I don't find higher bars and lower pegs, I'll be mending a broken heart ; cause, I'll have to let her go. Cannot get used to riding in a semi-fetal position. What's the best way out . I really want to keep it.:confused:

·
Registered
11,724 Posts
By the way how do I submit a photo of my bike? Kind of new to this. A profile picture is what I meant to say.
After writing your reply scroll down abit to where it says manage attatchments and click on that

If I don't find higher bars and lower pegs, I'll be mending a broken heart ; cause, I'll have to let her go. Cannot get used to riding in a semi-fetal position. What's the best way out . I really want to keep it.:confused:

There are ways but other people more savvy than me will be more able to help than me :thumb:

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
:welcome: you should be able to find higher bars easily enough - try Helibars, Gilles Variobars or Convertibars.

For lower pegs, I found a pair of plates made by Lucas that were designed to allow the standard footpegs to be raised, but by fitting them upside down they have allowed me to lower them enough to make it much easier on the knees! (Maybe rearsets could be mounted in the same way? :idunno:)

·
Registered
148 Posts
:welcome: :welcome:if you want to put a pic in next to your post, i believe you have to be a supporting member to put the pic in, someone corect me if im wrong.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts