Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from another awesome track day at CA Speedway. Second session, third lap or so, I'm tailing a dude who's dragging a$$ through turn #3, and he lowsides, I don't know how the hell the bike hit the pavement, but it pretty much stopped where it fell, and I have to make some evasive mid turn manuevers to dodge it. Right after this, I catch another RC51 after turn 3, I'm tailing him a little, and his damn seat (the one he sits on) flies off and is coming at my head, insert swerve here, barely missed me, it took the corner worker a few minutes to notice it even though I was pointing behind me as I went by. Well the owner knew it was still on the track, so he goes by and tries to kick it off the track...without looking behind him, into the path of another bike, who almost got taken out by it. I wonder what's in store for me tomorrow at Willow Springs....goodnight, I'm tired.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Sounds like someone forgot to reinstall a couple of slightly important bolts . Glad to hear that you survived the wars.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Dayyyuum Money, way to ride that damn thing.
Your new forum nickname is 'The Hurdler'

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And they call the 51 a pig

...also, is it bad if your brake rotors turn blue? I think I fried mine today

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yeah, wierd day at Cal Speedway.  I was there, too.  Lots of red flags.  Got rear-ended by a guy I know as we were coming off the banking into the chicane.  He was high, and I was low.  All the witnesses I spoke to said that it looked like he didn't even see me.  Bad wreck for him.  Don't know how I stayed up.

I saw several RC51s yesterday.  What group were you riding in, Mattress?

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Bacchus : Sounds like someone forgot to reinstall a couple of slightly important bolts   .  
Maybe he left them out on purpose trying to save some weight from his overweight bike

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CanyonCarver : Yeah, wierd day at Cal Speedway.  I was there, too.  Lots of red flags.  Got rear-ended by a guy I know as we were coming off the banking into the chicane.  He was high, and I was low.  All the witnesses I spoke to said that it looked like he didn't even see me.  Bad wreck for him.  Don't know how I stayed up.

I saw several RC51s yesterday.  What group were you riding in, Mattress?
Group 2, my lap times were in the group three range....when my timer worked, which was once. There were a lot of red flags, someone lowsided almost every session in my group. Glad you came out of your incident without eating asphalt.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
abtech : That depends on if they compliment your carriers . . .
Blue goes ok with gold...they are almost back to normal color after today . I took the calipers apart last night and cleaned them, the pucks weren't returning too well and they were dragging pretty badly

·
Registered
280 Posts
Mattress : Group 2, my lap times were in the group three range....when my timer worked, which was once.  There were a lot of red flags, someone lowsided almost every session in my group.  Glad you came out of your incident without eating asphalt.
Thanks!  I'm glad I avoided it, too.  I think I got to ride 6 sessions, and 4 were shortened due to red flags.  I'm glad for David & Larry at Fastrack that they were able to have a sold-out day, but over 100 people is too much (IMO).  Getting to ride for only 15 minutes at a time with 45 minutes between sessions makes it tough to justify a total of 90 minutes of riding (less than 100 miles) for over $200.

Last time I went there was only 35 people.  It was bad for business, but an absolute blast to ride.  Only 2 groups and 1/2-hour sessions.

Sorry to hear your timer didn't work so well, but at least you got one.  I tried, but was too late, so have no real idea what I was lapping this time.  Oh well...   Buttonwillow next!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts