Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
i don't own one, but i tried the 1pc and 2pc stage when i was searching for leathers. I tried between a* stage, joe rocket gpr2 and frank thomas. if $$$$ was not the factor, i would've bought the a*. the initial fit and feel was superior to the other two. settled for frank thomas 2pc due to price, but the suit felt much better after the ft 2pc got broken in.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the alleged predecessor to the stage suit, the GPU 1-pc suit. Having owned the GPU 2-pc, an X-Vince suit (italian) a Teknic low-end one (can't remember the name) and the Fieldsheer Fang-something, I can say that the difference in overall quality isn't that big, but significant.

With cheaper brands you get more features for less - kinda like the HJC is for helmets. But the Alpinestars basic suits, while lacking in bells & whistles, make up for it with superb fit and finish - if you're the 'average' kind of guy. If you're overweight (big tummy section) or overtly built in the chest area you might find yourself tight on the upper part (jacket) and loose in the crotch/leg area. I'm 6 feet tall, 160 pounds with a standard build and the size 52/42 fits me tightly.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the Alpinestars suit & it seems to fit better than the Frank Thomas suit. Very nice of Cycle Gear to hook me up! :patriot:

EDIT: Mojave, I got the Red :)

·
Registered
443 Posts
Got the Alpinestars suit & it seems to fit better than the Frank Thomas suit. Very nice of Cycle Gear to hook me up! :patriot:

EDIT: Mojave, I got the Red :)

What did you pay for it? Less then new enough?
I am in the market for a suit myself and I really like the a* stuff. I ride with there gear now and would like to stay with them for a suit.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What did you pay for it? Less then new enough?
I am in the market for a suit myself and I really like the a* stuff. I ride with there gear now and would like to stay with them for a suit.
I purchased a Frank Thomas 1pc Strike II suit from Cycle Gear last June and found out shortly afterwards that they had a recall on them for the very reason I was going to take it back already (Shoddy stitching). They said there were a few options; trading for a Technics Lightning 1-pc, a check for my money back, or store credit. I chose to trade for the Technics Lightning 1-pc but they were having trouble getting them in so they offered me the upgrade to the Alpinestars Stage 1-pc. :clap: :D

So, I'm not really sure who's got it for less. Might want to check with Calsportbike.com to see what Todd can do for ya. :thumb:

·
Registered
443 Posts
I will check out a few places before ordering but I am a couple of weeks off buying the suit so I am still doing a little research as of right now.

Thanks again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts