Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TCD said:
No sh!t... This is one of the many reasons I started working on the bike myself (including changing my own tires). It's a PIA but at least I know what I've done :rant:

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
The "burnout party" comment would have sent me over the top. I'd be pissed too.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Same here. I don't let anyone work on my bike. I've had nothing but bullshit from dealers. I had a dealer spill brake fluid all over the windscreen on my 929. I didn't really notice it until I washed my bike (I thought it was dirty). That was about a week later so nothing happened when I confronted them about it. They told me that it was my fault. Not to mention the missing bolts, improper torque, ... the list goes on.

Have you ever taken your bike to these jerkoffs?

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Cross posted this to a few forums. Every time I see stuff like this I thank my lucky stars. If/when I take my bike in for service it comes back washed if it's dirty and it's definitely well taken care of.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey man this is pretty jacked up. I live in Oak Harbor, so when i get back from Japan if you want to get some peeps and raise hell out there i'll be there.

·
Registered
43 Posts
:thumbd: More words regarding Al's Honda/Yamaha-One of my motocross friends used to ride for Al's (I live in the area). He had ridden for them for years, buying in the neighborhood of 2 bikes/year, plus about 500/month in parts and accessories. He repeatedly turned down better discount offers and even free bikes from other shops, because of his loyalty to Al's. In 1995, when Honda had major issues with their CR250 (broken forks, blocked water jackets, and slipping crankshafts), he decided that he would keep his 94 a second year, while Honda sorted out the mess. So guess what the shop did?

To reward his loyalty, they cancelled his discount immediately, and told him it would only become active if he bought a new bike from them! It ended happily, as he found a better deal elsewhere, but this forever stuck in my mind when I thought of Al's-so in short, though outrageous, this account of the burnout and lack of accountability doesn't surprise me.

:soapbox:

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Wow what a bunch of losers. Even accounting for the chance the customer was getting out of line (did not seem like it from his posts) the behaviour was beyond bad. Everyone was talking lawyers :thumbd: but I have to admit that the thought of some squid posing as a mechanic and trashing on my bike makes my blood boil.

While I prefer to work on my bike I do not share everyones hatred for dealers rather I know I will attempt to work on my machine as a craftsmen while they will work as production. I believe my results will be consistently better, plus I enjoy it and is saves $$$.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't ride/buy motorcyles but I had the same bad experience dealing with this business and a Honda Self Propelled lawnmower. Complete lack of customer service and integrity. "Buyer beware." Find another place to do business.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't trust dealers in general. I recently bought a 954RR off the showroom of a local Dodge dealership, a big Dodge dealership. I took it on a short test ride and it seemed fine. When it was delivered to my house, I serviced it and found that it had the infamous crack in the upper motor casing. I called the dealer up immediately, this is less than three hours from the time I had handed over the full purchase price of the vehicle in cash, and they told me that they didn't back out of deals which is a nice way of telling me to go f**k myself. Awesome. :thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts