Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys

You may have seen that I mentioned in another thread that I found a company called King Carbon - Carbon Fibre & Fibreglass - kingcarbon who make huggers for the new Blade.

I sent a mail asking for pictures of it fitted to a bike, as I know some non-OEM don't seem to fit very well. They have just got back to me as they initially didn't have any photos.

Seems to look pretty good, I just need to try and compare it to the OEM one. Although, TBF, there is no way I will ever buy an OEM carbon one at that price !!

The other option is to buy a black one off them and get some matching pearl white paint made up as I really wanted a colour coded one ( that the mighty HONDA Corp never managed to get to the market place :mad: ). Don't know if this would work out expensive or not, I have no idea of costs for paint matching, and I guess you would only need a small amount of paint. Would have some for stone chip touch-ups then though I suppose.

I mentioned to the guy that I would post the pictures and info on here as it may generate some interest. If any of you guys are interested, drop me a PM as I don't mind asking if they would do a multi-buy discount.

You don't ask you don't get.

Thoughts please gents ( and ladies ).

BTW..........Happy New Year and safe riding in 09.

Dave

http://www.awooga.org/images/ns0ubkf9vi0yyhb9c1fz.jpg

http://www.awooga.org/images/su1jdhkoetw576qyct35.jpg

·
Registered
159 Posts
The problem is the paint, the white paint has some sort of 'flick' in it. So not a standard white - I doubt Honda sell touch up? and if you painted it just gloss white I reckon you would notice real quick?

I bit the bullet on the OEM CF one, we know it fits, know it looks good - and well I couldn't be bothered with the hassle! - Roll on the 5th! (well I pick it up)

Good luck in your quest. - and happy 09 riding!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the problem is the pearl in the paint mate, although I know a really good body shop who said they can make it up with the correct manufacturer code ( which is under the seat )

I wouldn't mind the carbon one, then get some heel plates and a chain guard too. It has just got to fit right like the Honda one. The defining part is £318 for the Honda one, and £120 for this one.

Buys a lot of unleaded for playing in the summer !!!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1 - 4 of 4 Posts