Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
WHOOPS ^ accident lol, anyway the battery doesnt hold charge, and i have put an amp meter on it and when i rev the bike the needle hardly moves, so its not charging its own battery on its own and there fore i broke down today and didnt go to work and then broke down again and pushed it home, all fun and games. Does anyone know what part of the alternator is likly to be broken or if i should just get the whole thing replaced or....? thanks alot, Fred

·
Registered
37 Posts
i just had the same problem, you need a multimeter. first spec the stator, the three yellow wires.your manual will tell you your sepcs,get a ohms reading from all the wires,then check the resestince, if in spec then its your r/r (your stator plugs into it)you can also spec that, use the multimeter and spec the green and red wire. also look at both conections for fried wires ,etc, i replaced the stator and batt.(and my boy had his stock r/r that i picked up for zero dollars) but if the r/r goes it will make the stator go,and viseversa

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.