Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some new coils turned up today but they have unterminated ends. I just looked in a stock lead and there's a screw which the plug seats in and behind it a resistor and a spring but I can't see anything further than that. Do these come apart??

Attachments

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,566 Posts
Some new coils turned up today but they have unterminated ends. I just looked in a stock lead and there's a screw which the plug seats in and behind it a resistor and a spring but I can't see anything further than that. Do these come apart??
Those pieces look almost exactly like the coil on cap leads from my Nissan Altima. Those in your pic surely do not have a place in a 900RR coil wire set.

Is that the new set up or your old set up?? Regular 900 leads are just a shielded wire that goes between the coil and the coil cap. The coil cap is a screw press fit, as is the end into the coil itself.

7E3A9263-8A3E-4766-A5DB-1D069F42AE29.jpeg

The brass connector unthreads to reveal the resistor, but noting else is there.

Oooooops the spring just came out. The brass piece has a clip to engage the treads of the top of the spark plug.

Attachments

·
7,566 Posts

·
7,566 Posts
Those pieces look almost exactly like the coil on cap leads from my Nissan Altima. Those in your pic surely do not have a place in a 900RR coil wire set.

Is that the new set up or your old set up?? Regular 900 leads are just a shielded wire that goes between the coil and the coil cap. The coil cap is a screw press fit, as is the end into the coil itself.

View attachment 94812

The brass connector unthreads to reveal the resistor, but noting else is there.

Oooooops the spring just came out. The brass piece has a clip to engage the treads of the top of the spark plug.
In my 1/4 century dealing with 900’s I’ve never unscrewed that brass piece.

You’ve taught me something J.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys I get it now, you just yank them out and force another one in! All done and running smoothly, when it's daylight I'll take it out and see if there's any difference but I doubt it as we're heading down a fuel path I feel!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts