Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, it was good to see some great racin' and a new face on the podium.  It was great to see Jason up there after all the work he's put in.  Talk about full plate though.  They said he's headed to Suzuka next weekend.  

I'm so looking forward to tomorrow with a full slate scheduled.  Supersport, GP, WSB and AMA superbike.  Told the family pretend like I'm not here.

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Just got done watching it on SPEED. Curtis sure gave Mladin a run for first...right up to the point he lowsided off the track between 10 and 11. Too bad...would've liked to see a Honda knock the Gixxer off of first place.

Congrats to Jason...he earned that podium finish. Too bad his dad didn't stick around for the races this weekend.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I was standing right at the fence when he dropped the front and slid into the tires - great race.. few pics below

pic3

pic2

pic1

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey toyman, you lucky sob.  I made Road America and Lauguna, no dice for Ohio.

BTW, is that the back of Greg White's head in pic2?  

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Jason takes another 2nd place finish (Sunday)....I am stoked!!

Edit:
You can find the rider RIDER LISTING for the Suzuka 8 Hour here:

US riders - Pridmore, Hayden, Polen (different teams)

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
If you were watching Sunday, you saw Miguel crash hard in T15....here is a good quote where he gets to vent a bit of frustration about the surface there.

Quote Miguel Duhamel, Sunday, DNF
I don't know what happened there. I got on the throttle. The bike was working good. It's not like it's the first left hander, it's the third left hander I believe. The tire had heat in it and it was gripping great. (Crew chief) Al (Luddington) said he thinks I hit the seam. The thing was hooking up. I was on the throttle and that thing just snapped sideways completely and I just got thrown off the bike. I think it's kind of BS that that happens on a racetrack. Why do we have seams on the racetracks? Why do we have cement patches everywhere? Shouldn't it just be one surface. It's not Supermotard. I got to believe if it's one surface I would have been fine.

·
Registered
737 Posts
toyman : I was standing right at the fence when he dropped the front and slid into the tires - great race.. few pics below
No kidding! So was I. We were standing about 30 ft away from the corner worker's station!

If you heard someone shout 'f--k!!! son-of-a-b---h!!', then that was probably me. Man I was upset.

Good race though.

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Can't remember who the rider was, but someone hit the (new) concrete patch *bump* just before T15 and it caused his bike to buck hard...scary moment for sure.

Baketech and I just rode there earlier in the week and I was amazed at how much the track conditions have declined. More patches, sealer, and some of the seams have opened up more and are no longer flush with the asphalt. Midwest winters wreak havoc on tracks...

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Yeah, the surface on that track really sucks. Great layout, though. I'm used to asphalt/concrete transitions from running at Summit Point, but those are smooth as glass in comparison to Mid-Ohio's bumpy seams. There was even grass growing up in between one concrete/asphalt seam.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
HondaGalToo : There was even grass growing up in between one concrete/asphalt seam.
Slow folks like me call that a lap timer.....if its the same height when you get back around, it was a quick lap....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts