Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

new to Washington DC area (Arlington VA) from Australia and am looking for advice on local road race clubs, amateur race series and good affordable race categories, good circuits for track days etc in the region. Have had a look on the web but info seems sparse.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, checked out the site - looks good. While I'm asking questions is there a single 'go to' site (east coast) where people post their race/track bikes for sale?

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
Not too sure, I know in the back of Roadrace World Magazine people advertise their race bikes for sale, but usually you can just go to the track on a race weekend with some cash and buy one, people are always selling them there. My buddy wrecked his R6 2 weeks ago at NJMP and bought an R1 racebike off of someone else there before he even got home.:rotfl:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice one- no post-crash bike separation depression there! . I'll have to check out some local race meets. Thanks again for your responses. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
I know I'm late to this, but surprised nobody mentioned WERA! They're the largest amateur roadracing sanctioning body in the country, and I raced with them for 18 years.

They race at VIR and Summit Point in the Mid-Atlantic region, at least. I think they also race a Carolina Motorsports Park in Kershaw, SC, and at Nashville's NASCAR track (on an infield course). If you're willing to go "out of region", the Southeast region is chock full of tracks: Road Atlanta, TalladegaGPR, Roebling Road Raceway (Savannah, GA), Jennings GPR (Jennings, FL), Barber Motorsports Park (one of the most magnificent facilities in all the world, and home of the most breathtaking motorcycle museum you'll ever see, anywhere!).

WERA Motorcyle Road Racing :: Home :: v2010n12x15 ::

Have fun!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts