Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on the AdvRider forum a while back and got very mixed reviews to say the least. I am completely satisfied with them, I put them on to keep my camera and passport safe. They lock and allow you to strap tons of stuff down. They are also crash and waterproof. The whole system cost probably 40 bucks, the locks were 15 and the cans 7 dollars each. I can give more specifics if anyone is interested. I use my 954 as a sport touring bike, its comfy for 400 plus mile days, fast with good wind protection. Hopefully someone out there will find this useful and maybe get their creative juices flowing. No one offers hard bags for the 954, and my camera stuff costs a ton of money so with that said... These pictures were taken in Jasper National park in Alberta Canada.

Attachments

·
Registered
896 Posts
creative! at 40 bux its downright dirt cheap. crash proof and all is great. so what if its 21lbs im sure u can take them off for hitting the track or if staying local. you could be on to something here. granted they are not contoured to the lines of the bike or match the paint, but that wasnt the intention. i would own a set although to lazy to build my own

nice to see someone using there head!!!

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Nice idea. A set of those would be absolutely awesome on my new XR650R motard. I'm ordering three ammo cans immediately.

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Thats a great job. Ammo cans are perfect for the job, as you said secure, tough and waterproof!! Thats an idea worth looking into on a larger production scale maybe ????:goodmod: :thumb:

·
Registered
478 Posts
:thumb:very nice,,, like the hard case and looks like you actually have some storage in there.. enough for tools and your valuables,, was looking at bags online and these look much bigger and stronger.. amazing what some matching paint would do..

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Definitely a good idea, As for how crash proof they are.. Have you crashed with them on yet?

I want to know if a 40mph crash would tear them off.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Definitely a good idea, As for how crash proof they are.. Have you crashed with them on yet?

I want to know if a 40mph crash would tear them off.

Those ammo cans are damn tough! Seen a pile of them fall from a 5-ton going 30mph (about 5 feet) and they all held just fine.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
:plus1: those things are as tuff as rdot says, everything inside those things stay safe and dont go:bomb:.............good stuff mrpeasle!! creative

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Falling out of a truck and supporting a bike might be a tad different?
Not saying it isnt brilliant.

I will say this though, are you sure your camera can handle the shock of a crash?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts