Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, all... been reading for a long time but didn't have any thing valuable to add before.

Switched from 10/40 dino to 10/40 amsoil this weekend. Huge difference!!! I now have 6.5K on the 929 and decided it's broke in enough to switch.

I would not have expected a truly noticable difference, ussually when I hear some one say they switched oil or air filters and it feels stronger I think -- yea sure, it's all in your head -- but it has a noticable amount of additional power. whether it's 1hp or 2hp or .5hp I can't say but it's noticable. it rev's quicker and runs smoother.

I'm very happy with Amsoil. I would guess other synthetics give simular results but don't know.

I would urge any of you still using Dino to switch, you'll see what I mean.

P.S. I have no affiliation with amsoil or vested interest.

·
Registered
735 Posts
abtech : 'Amsoil, Best stuff ever, my results'  that is until you run Motul 300V . . .
Motul 300V is 'spensive, but hear it's the best.
Last oil change I switched to Honda Pro Oil and didn't like it at all. My engine didn't feel like it was running smooth.

Thinking of trying Amsoil next.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Actually, Amsoil is very good stuff. Motul even says it's their only competitor on a purely technical basis.

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
My '01 has only about 3500 miles on it, of which probably 2000 miles are from track riding. I've been using Honda GN4 10w-40 since day one and have been debating switching to Amsoil. Does the engine have enough mileage to switch to a synthetic or should I stick with the dino stuff for a while longer?

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Yeah you've got more than enough mileage on it. Get either the Motul or Amsoil.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Red Rider : My '01 has only about 3500 miles on it, of which probably 2000 miles are from track riding.  I've been using Honda GN4 10w-40 since day one and have been debating switching to Amsoil.  Does the engine have enough mileage to switch to a synthetic or should I stick with the dino stuff for a while longer?  
I switched at the first oil change.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Nomad just order it online. They (Amsoil) probably have a ship center in Austin/Houston. There is one in Dallas, so my oil comes the next day.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I recently changed to Amsoil from Honda HP/4 and notcied a significant difference is engine and shifting smoothness. I also put in a Factory Pro shift kit at the same time. It did not remove the clunkiness of the transmission, but it sure made shifts more positive and a lot less false neutrals.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Thanks Booth

Skully, I would still like to know if there is a place in our neck of the woods it can be purchased.

THX

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
RacerCutie :
Last oil change I switched to Honda Pro Oil and didn't like it at all. My engine didn't feel like it was running smooth.
Hm, I had the same results on my 929.  I swapped it out for M1 shortly thereafter and it ran nice and smooth and quiet again.  :0

The local shops and the racing guru at MVR said Amsoil is what they run in the bikes (I guess I should have asked what they are running the race engines..  if he'll tell me). Everyone has nothing but excellent things to say about the stuff.

I'll be putting that in next oil change.  

On a side note, a buddy of mine has a 155,000 miles on his '92 VFR on Honda Pro Oil only...    so..  YMMV.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts