Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(did a search expecting to find something on the topic of Amsoil and Hindle. but found nothing)

As some of you know, I've bought a used Hindle recently. And had some problems on top of this one....

Right after I installed the hindle, I see the header is sitting flush against the top of my Amsoil SMF103 filter. I start too wonder about header gaskets and such. Then I researched and found there are two different sized Honda filters.

That gave me an idea to compare the new Honda and Amsoil filters I had on my shelf. Checked the Amsoil on the bike against the Honda filter last night and, oh, it is shorter. :hmm: Good, problem solved. :idunno:

Then, I put the same model Amsoil filter up to it, it's shorter too! Same size as the Honda filter. :rant:

So there are two different sized version of the same Amsoil SMF103 filter floating around in the world. :rolleyes:

How do the individuals with full hindles make sure you get the right filter when you buy? Do you stick with a certain honda model filter or others?

(Picture shows two Amsoil SMF103 filters)

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
redwhite929rr said:
(did a search expecting to find something on the topic of Amsoil and Hindle. but found nothing)

As some of you know, I've bought a used Hindle recently. And had some problems on top of this one....

Right after I installed the hindle, I see the header is sitting flush against the top of my Amsoil SMF103 filter. I start too wonder about header gaskets and such. Then I researched and found there are two different sized Honda filters.

That gave me an idea to compare the new Honda and Amsoil filters I had on my shelf. Checked the Amsoil on the bike against the Honda filter last night and, oh, it is shorter. :hmm: Good, problem solved. :idunno:

Then, I put the same model Amsoil filter up to it, it's shorter too! Same size as the Honda filter. :rant:

So there are two different sized version of the same Amsoil SMF103 filter floating around in the world. :rolleyes:

How do the individuals with full hindles make sure you get the right filter when you buy? Do you stick with a certain honda model filter or others?

(Picture shows two Amsoil SMF103 filters)
I use purolator filters and they also have 2 different sizes. What I found out was that the lots made in Korea are longer, whereas the ones made in S. Africa are shorter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts