Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ConqSoft said:
But since it is being passed off as being written by a non-American it changes the heart of it a bit...
You're a buzz-kill and I'm too tired to get dragged into this one. I just posted something interesting that I happened to see on another site. Silly me for believing EVERYTHING that I read on the internet. :surrender:

:D

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ConqSoft said:
I'm just saying, that someone who reads that and thinks it was written by an Australian would probably have different feelings about it than if they thought it was written by an American. You don't agree?
:plus1:

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
That makes me feel proud. I'm not sure if it's legitimate or not as far as an Author is concerned. However, every single word written in it is true.

I can trace my family all the way back to England. We still have our Coat of Arms.
Do I have a British heritage? Yes, but I'm 100% American.
My wife is German, she was born in Frankfort (or however you spell that town). In fact most of her family still lives there. When we have family gatherings most of her family speaks a funny language while pointing and laughing at me. Does that make her any less American? Nope. In fact, her Grandfather after moving here fought in Vietnam - he served 3 tours, 2 of which were voluntary. She also had two uncles to serve as well. Her father retired in the US Army. So did her Grandfather - as a Sgt Major. (Now you see how she had the privilege of being born in her native land. Her father and mother were deployed back to Germany and lived there until she was about 12.

Americans, every one of 'em
and proud of it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts