Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
The execs at Intel need to get their act together and pull a Microsoft. Buy this company out or face some serious consequences in five or so years.
That is some cool technology.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I've been hearing for years that photonics will replace electronics. Lots of people are working on it. As is common with new technologies like this, it will remain expensive and very exclusive until more companies get in the game.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Cool... if it really works. Anyone remember cold fusion in a glass? Yeah, I'm skeptical.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
it would be very cool - and I mean temperature - not likely to need heat sinks and overclocking will not be needed. Just kinda hope this sorta thing starts getting into the real world.

Z...

·
Registered
332 Posts
Some years ago when I used to be a MAJOR geek, I used to follow microprocessor technology trends. Optical processors have existed in the lab for some time now. I don't think you'll see a shift to optical processing until we start hitting some bottlenecks in performance with current silicon type wafer technology. It seems everytime there is a hurdle, they solve it and continue evolving the 'current' technology. In fact, a researcher I spoke with about a year ago remarked how he thought we would be using some other type of processor by now as he never believed all the problems they expected with silicon would be solved as quickly as they have been.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts