Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboy!!!!

I still can't believe I own it... $6700 OTD with all the parts to make it the SX....

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You guys are too much....

Yes it the Motard thing.. 2003 KTM 525 SMC Basically the 525 SX with Slicks and some really insane brakes... Oh man this thing is pure joy. I really haven't had much time on it so I can't say much, other than it's just awesome. My neighbors already hate me.

My bother and I each bought one and intend to race next year, as all local clubs that we've seen are winding down the season. GFJ I'll be out at SOW on the 19th with this thing. Will you be there?

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Crash :

You guys are too much....

Yes it the Motard thing.. 2003 KTM 525 SMC  Basically the 525 SX with Slicks and some really insane brakes... Oh man this thing is pure joy.  I really haven't had much time on it so I can't say much, other than it's just awesome.  My neighbors already hate me.

My bother and I each bought one and intend to race next year, as all local clubs that we've seen are winding down the season.  GFJ I'll be out at SOW on the 19th with this thing.  Will you be there?
That with MTC? I'll see if they got slots open. But only if I get a test ride, you can ride my 2 smoker if ya like

·
Registered
196 Posts
That is an awesome machine!  

A KTM like that is the only thing I would trade my XR650R supermoto for.  Had I known how much fun these things are I might of gone the KTM way.  The XR deal just fell in my lap so I jumped on it.

Have a blast, I'm sure you will!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Okay get ready to flame...you are taking a brand new dirtbike...add slicks and road race it? Come to think of it, that sounds kinda fun! Do you really need that much suspension for this? Isn't the center of gravity kinda high? The more I think about this... Not one that follows racing(flame away) please tell me more. Makes sense to go spend 3-6k for a FUN track bike than go dump my fiddyfo on the track this spring.

J

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
fumbducker : Okay get ready to flame...you are taking a brand new dirtbike...add slicks and road race it?  Come to think of it, that sounds kinda fun!  Do you really need that much suspension for this?  Isn't the center of gravity kinda high?  The more I think about this...   Not one that follows racing(flame away) please tell me more.  Makes sense to go spend 3-6k for a FUN track bike than go dump my fiddyfo on the track this spring.

J
look at 929 flyers avitar...I see no center of gravity problems Granted, a super moto will never equal a dedicated sport bike, but they make up for it in fun factor. Can anyone post that link to that online video of that european supermoto guy doing hot laps and backing it in every corner?

·
Registered
803 Posts
Are you going to race in the Super TT races?

This is Mike Metzger racing out at Irwindale Speedway.
Fig

1 - 20 of 30 Posts