Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
I have been working on a scrambler for Nextel walkie talkies that will put about 105 DB of Imus's "SHUT UP" scream into all push to talk devices within 100 yards. I have had it with these beeping frickin WW2 wannabe pieces of $hit at resturants, grocery stores, concerts, DMV, public johns, church etc.

If I ever have the chance to meet the brainiac that came up with a 70 year old idea for wireless communication, I'll let him know how I feel . . .

If I can hear it from 25 feet away, you don't need the walkie talkie function to carry on a conversation with somebody. GOD, these @#!~***^% things are like having a CD radio that you carry around with you (except the CB radios don't have the annoying beep).

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
They are trying to get the FCC to lift the ban on cell phone defeaters for movie theaters currently. The megaplex chains are t'd because they are losing more and more $ and this is one of the main contributing factors that people bring up in questionairres. People are so mindless with cell phones these days it's ridiculous. I see women all the time jabbering away on their cellphone at 6:30am in the morning on the commute. Who in the fawk can all of them be talking to at that time of morning? Their best friend :D In all seriousness, I'm so tired of having to listen to someone's cell phone convo at the post office in line, in queue at the grocery store, at the movie theater, etc. :rant:

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
abtech said:
I have been working on a scrambler for Nextel walkie talkies that will put about 105 DB of Imus's "SHUT UP" scream into all push to talk devices within 100 yards. I have had it with these beeping frickin WW2 wannabe pieces of $hit at resturants, grocery stores, concerts, DMV, public johns, church etc.

If I ever have the chance to meet the brainiac that came up with a 70 year old idea for wireless communication, I'll let him know how I feel . . .

If I can hear it from 25 feet away, you don't need the walkie talkie function to carry on a conversation with somebody. GOD, these @#!~***^% things are like having a CD radio that you carry around with you (except the CB radios don't have the annoying beep).
This is easily the angriest post I've seen from you...

·
Registered
622 Posts
abtech said:

I hate my Nextel they gave me at. Most of the time I just leave it off the charger for days until the batter dies and the shop forman complains he couldn't get a hold of me. Freakin electronic leash.

·
Registered
902 Posts
abtech said:
I have been working on a scrambler for Nextel walkie talkies
What frequency and modulation scheme are you using? Do you have to compress the audio?

When I was in electronics lab at school, I found a microphone feeding a digital VCO (74s629 from an old Winchester disk drive) generated a nasty square wave frequency modulated output that would jam the entire FM band. No amplification necessary. The square wave output of this single chip solution was very dirty and effective. Stopped annoying radio playing very well and only my lab partner and I was the wiser.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
i travel A LOT. i have heard that there is a push to allow Mobile Phone on the planes. they think there is air rage now, wait till that happens. it is going to be ridiculous.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
abtech said:

Get ready for everyone to have this function. The other carriers (other than Sprint/Nextel) have been trying to get PTT to work for quite some time. Cingular has already launched theirs, I believe Verizon has as well.
Fukin nightmare heading everyone's way.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/pushToTalk/pushToTalk.jsp?splash=splash1

http://www.cingular.com/ptt

Enjoy it buddy :evilaugh:

·
Registered
8,271 Posts

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
ND4SPD said:
This is easily the angriest post I've seen from you...
I had to walk over and threaten some assclown at a resturant a few weeks back, as my family was having dinner in a very nice resturant and this guy had his yellow boom box on 10 and was talking to his GF in a very heated discussion including every obscenity I have ever heard on both sides of the conversation. I asked the manager to do something about it, but was told that the gentleman had been asked to stop twice already and was ignoring these "suggestions". This is a place we go to pretty often and I didn't want to leave, so I made a bit more than a suggestion to this guy and he acted like I was totally out of line. I assured him that wasn't the case and was prepared to demonstrate exactly what a "line" looked like in real time.

He paid his bill and left . . .

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
The :asshat: behind me takes a call during the Ohlins suspension seminar and procedes to argue with his wife over the water bill :eek: After a few moments of this I turn around and tell him "come on!" so he hangs up. Two minutes later his pals phone rings...

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
deez said:
They are trying to get the FCC to lift the ban on cell phone defeaters for movie theaters currently. The megaplex chains are t'd because they are losing more and more $ and this is one of the main contributing factors that people bring up in questionairres. People are so mindless with cell phones these days it's ridiculous. I see women all the time jabbering away on their cellphone at 6:30am in the morning on the commute. Who in the fawk can all of them be talking to at that time of morning? Their best friend :D In all seriousness, I'm so tired of having to listen to someone's cell phone convo at the post office in line, in queue at the grocery store, at the movie theater, etc. :rant:
It's pretty sad if you can't go to a movie without your cell phone. Pathetic, really.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
bubba said:
i travel A LOT. i have heard that there is a push to allow Mobile Phone on the planes. they think there is air rage now, wait till that happens. it is going to be ridiculous.
:eek:

No kidding...that would be very very tough to handle. There are already so many annoying things about modern air travel, that seriously might be enough for me to change jobs.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
HondaGalToo said:
It's pretty sad if you can't go to a movie without your cell phone. Pathetic, really.
Yeah, I hate how people just ruin something you truly enjoy. I really like the theater, it's an escape. I've seen many times where someone in front of me, or next to me won't talk on the damn thing, but they'll sit there and SMS during the whole movie. A theater is dark for a reason, then you have some idiot in front/side of you with this bright blue ass screen fawking with their cellphone. It's like shit, I give up!

I pull an abtech all the time..I will literally stand up in the theater, look right at a person and tell them to turn the fucking phone off or leave. Everytime I've had to do that, at least one person says thank you. The managers at the theaters are sick of it too. They are losing more and more $ every day because of it. One time this high school kid just kept running his mouth on the damn thing and you could hear people getting annoyed sitting next to me. A few people almost simultaneously said "shhhhhh", he was with his friends and said "make me shutup". I stood up immediately and walked right up to him. He promplty clicked "end" and put the phone up. You shouldn't have to go to the extreme like this example or the one Frank stated. Common sense and common courtesy are gone from society, just gone.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts