Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Link

Not quite the same circumstances as the congressman's in an earlier thread.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Link

Link to story about the crackdown mentioned in the wreck story.

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Quote Police say the rider, whose name has not been released, flew into the air at impact, almost striking the overhead traffic light at the intersection of Marietta Boulevard and Carroll Drive.

Geezus...

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Speeding cyclists are currently the focus of law enforcement crackdown in DeKalb County.

It's happening everywhere.  These sons of bitches won't learn.  This keeps up and it spells doom for the rest of us.  

Edit: Sp, for CBRVFR

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
booth23 :  These sons of bitches won't learn.  This keeps up and it spells dooms for the rest of us.  
Dumbass squid. Is the driver of the car OK?

And, by the way, Booth, I think you meant to say that misspells doom for all of us.....

Sorry, couldn't resist

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Re read the article..

No other injuries were reported in the incident.

·
Registered
427 Posts
It has been said before, but, you've got to be a complete moron to do 100mph on a city street. Unfortunately, this one paid the ultimate price.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Link to what some are saying about the 'crackdown' in Atl.

I don't ride in the city anyway.

On a side note last night was bike night at the Vortex (one of the largest bike nights around). About a month ago a young girl (19 I think) was killed in an incident of drag racing after bike night at the Vortex. She was on a bike that was T-boned by a 'Busa that was traveling at a high rate of speed.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oz : Quote (Skully @ Aug. 22 2003, 3:11pm)Quote Police said the motorcycle was a speedster

Saw that.  The wreckage of the bike didn't look like any Harley I've ever seen...
I think that this is just another example of the public's ignorance of motorcycles. The police (no offense Chain) and the media in this case. Although I wouldn't put it past our media around here to screw this one up all on their own.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
cbr99xx : I think that this is just another example of the public's ignorance of motorcycles. The police (no offense Chain) and the media in this case. Although I wouldn't put it past our media around here to screw this one up all on their own.
This was a recent story here about a guy who got killed on a 954.  I ended up writing the editor to get the names of bikes right because that was like the 3rd report they have messed up.

7/26/03 10:50:03 AM
A fatal accident shutdown part of I-75 early Saturday morning.
The accident occurred around 1:30 a.m. between the Paddock Road and Norwood Lateral exits of southbound I-75.
Police said Marvin Bullock, 34-years old, lost control of his Honda CRV motorcycle and struck a light pole.
All southbound lanes of the highway between the two exits were shut down for almost four hours.
Bullock, who was wearing a helmet, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The crash is under investigation

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
officers are hoping to catch violate and also deter speeding in the county.

WTF, I guess in that county, the cops bend you over instead of the prisoners.

·
Registered
96 Posts
cbr99xx : On a side note last night was bike night at the Vortex (one of the largest bike nights around). About a month ago a young girl (19 I think) was killed in an incident of drag racing after bike night at the Vortex. She was on a bike that was T-boned by a 'Busa that was traveling at a high rate of speed.
Actually, she was 17 and was on the back of her boyfriend's (Luca) bike. He swerved over and hit an R6 (Jae). Both were only doing about 45mph at the time and were NOT racing. They were leaving a 'stunting' spot. It was simply an accident. What was bad was her helmet came off when she hit the ground, so her head impacted the pavement.

I know the individuals that were involved and currently have the R6 at the shop.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
cbr99xx : Link to what some are saying about the 'crackdown' in Atl.
The first comment form some squid...

'Dekalb has started to crack down on people speeding, started tonight and put 20 people in jail. Choppers are keeping up with us. One guy that they had was doing only 90 on rear tire that is wy they took him in. Ride on Hope to everybody Sunday Later '

only 90mph ont he rear wheel? Well, obviously that should be ok...
Man some people have some wierd ideas of what is ok and what isn't.

Further down someone who is apparently sane mentions that most, if not all riders of fast bikes have probably hit 100 or more mph ont he street at some point, even if only for a few seconds. Yet, he also mentions, that if you play the game, you should expect to pay the price if you get caught. and not cry about it.

I agree, if you want to ride like a dick - expect the cops to treat you like one when they catch you. If you ride to have fun and also consider others on the street, you ar emor elikely to keep your license, bike and health for a longer period of time.

When it comes to speeding, I have come to mostly enjoy tight mountains roads with tight 10 - 30mph corners - this means that the speed limit is usually about 40 - 50mph, and you can feel like you are going quick because of the tight corners without worrying about breaking the law. And learning to ride these tight corners smoothly is a lot of fun.

Z...

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
DavidGS : Actually, she was 17 and was on the back of her boyfriend's (Luca) bike. He swerved over and hit an R6 (Jae). Both were only doing about 45mph at the time and were NOT racing. They were leaving a 'stunting' spot. It was simply an accident. What was bad was her helmet came off when she hit the ground, so her head impacted the pavement.

I know the individuals that were involved and currently have the R6 at the shop.
I never meant to imply that the young victim in this incident was involved in racing. I had heard that they were leaving this 'venue' and were hit by someone that was racing. I'm sure that if you knew these people you have the correct story. I was only drawing what I heard in the media (we all know how inaccurate that can be).

·
Registered
96 Posts
cbr99xx : I never meant to imply that the young victim in this incident was involved in racing. I had heard that they were leaving this 'venue' and were hit by someone that was racing. I'm sure that if you knew these people you have the correct story. I was only drawing what I heard in the media (we all know how inaccurate that can be).
I agree. On this story the media was inaccurtate. They just want a sensational story.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts