Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up the'02 Blade from a dentist in SoCal six weeks ago. Only had 300 miles on it. Paid $7500. So far have added Corbin rider and passenger seat, ZG double bubble, Scotts damper, frame sliders and 900 miles. I live five minutes from Dan Kyle's shop, so I guess I'll be spending some k's there. Took the bike out today for a nice run down Highway 25, south of Hollister. Nice ride with a variety of curves and environments. Surprised by a pack of wild Turkeys (Not Gixxer riders) just past the apex of a tight right hander. Rider 1, Turkeys 0.
Breaking in a new AGV XR-2 Rossi rep helmet. The Suzuka/GP Blue and shock yellow. Dang that helmet is bright and busy. Got plenty of looks. I like it so far, a bit tight around the temples, but my head will conform. Fairly quiet, nice and light. Stable at speed. If you want to be noticed, wear this helmet. Also was my first ride with a Belstaff "Spitfire" jacket I bought on ebay. Great jacket! All the trimmings, CE armor, leather at the elbows and shoulders, textile everywhere else. Serious light touring jacket. I guess I've been experiencing Christmas a little early this year. But I really like the bike. Just sold my Triumph ST. The Blade is so much lighter, tighter and much better at holding a line. I can't imagine any bike being a better fit for me. Can't wait for another ride tomorrow! :highclap:

·
Registered
497 Posts
:welcome:

Congrats on the new ride.

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
More pics...more pics! ;)

Welcome to da' jungle :cheers:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Sorry, I should have included in the original post that my bike is the '02 silver one. That avatar pic shows "Thea" (a friend of my brother) sitting on a F4i (I think). Lucky bike... Thea and her friend Melanie tagged along to the San Mateo, Cycle World show. They were doing their umbrella girl imitations all night. Mel had serious lowrise jeans on and every time she'd sit on a bike and lean forward, a crowd of guys would gather round to stare at her butt crack. Specially on the Ducs. She didn't seem to mind the attention. They both loved it. Goal: To get a pic of Thea on my bike. She is maybe the most attractive young woman I have ever seen in person. The pics don't do her justice.
Thanks for the welcome! I'll be hanging out here quite a bit. I'm determined to get myself, and the bike, ready for a track school next spring. Thinking Keigwins 2 day Novice School.

Attachments

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
'nother

Scooter envy...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
zenblader said:
Mel had serious lowrise jeans on and every time she'd sit on a bike and lean forward, a crowd of guys would gather round to stare at her butt crack. Specially on the Ducs.
Of course, women and men both recognize quality, performace the the superiority of twins. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
:cheers: Nice purchase! How do I get in touch with your Brother? ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts