Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with the new track, a new rally was started locally where supercar (and ish) owners get to hotlap the track for a day, then tour many of Utah's national and state parks. The final day consists of a closed off section of highway where they get to do a top speed test with the UHP running radar for them.
Well, Richard's car is done. I know it doesn't have his name in the article, but the only Enzo in the state belongs to Richard Losee. This is a pic of my son standing in front of this very car at the Gumball event: http://www.fireblades.org/forums/attachments/off-topic/19139d1146971055-gumball-3000-img_0173.jpg
I liked this quote from the short article:
The Ferrari was the only car involved in the crash, and will probably be a total loss.
Um, yeah - you think?
ABC 4 - Ferrari crashes in Utah road rally

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Those that take Road and Track have seen and read about this car. I searched for some links to the articles, and here are but a few. His car is actually somewhat "famous", as he is a very generous person and has allowed it to be used in many tests and articles. He had somewhere around 30K miles on the thing. Drove it all the time.
He is also an accomplished driver having raced karts and autocross for many years, including championships.
R&T ROADandTRACK.com -- Road Tests - Ferrari Enzo (7/2003)
R&T ROADandTRACK.com -- Long Term Road Tests - Our "Long-Term" Ferrari Enzo: After the New Wears Off (7/2004)
R&T ROADandTRACK.com -- Long Term Road Tests - Our "Long-Term" Ferrari Enzo (11/2005)
Ferrari Challenge Rally - Feature Travel - Motor Trend

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
The article makes it sdound like it wasnt even the owner driving it, but instead it was someone who paid a grip of cash to a charity to drive the Enzo.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
After looking at the picture, I was surprised that they said that it is "probally" a total loss. :huh: Exactly what left is reusable? It pic looks like a scrap heap.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Question: I know they only made a very limited number of these things but do you think Ferrari would replace one that had been crashed or is this guy completely out of luck?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Question: I know they only made a very limited number of these things but do you think Ferrari would replace one that had been crashed or is this guy completely out of luck?

I believe the owner would be shit out of luck, only around 400 were built that I'm aware of!

The frame still looks to be intact, the body panels exploded on impact which would be expected from carbon fiber. Wonder how fast the car was going when the impact occured?

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
That's the first one that didn't seperate at the engine bulkhead.... :hmm:

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
The article makes it sdound like it wasnt even the owner driving it, but instead it was someone who paid a grip of cash to a charity to drive the Enzo.
Yeah, that article was pretty poor. Here's a much better one. It says only about 100mph, but I doubt that. It appears they may have also picked the wrong stretch of road. The $5K was the entry fee for the event. Used their own cars.
Salt Lake Tribune - Million-dollar sports car totaled in rally for charity#

He just may try to rebuild the thing, but it would probably cost as much to fix it as it did when he bought it.
His was the only one in the world with that open top door configuration that he designed and had done.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts