Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up this little gem today... It was trade into the local range, and they extended me the good price they got on it. 5 shot .38spl, comped barrel, and titanium. This is a great gun tocary n the pocket in a pocket holster or on an ankle. This is my first revolver that I have boughtnd while I was really eyeing the S&W 340pd, I could have bought more than 3 of these for that price.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,203 Posts
Nice. I have an S&W Airweight 640 (I think thats the model, hammerless DAO) They take some practice to shoot effectivly, but their shape and size make them pretty easy to conceal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,804 Posts
NinerPilot said:
Picked up this little gem today... It was trade into the local range, and they extended me the good price they got on it. 5 shot .38spl, comped barrel, and titanium. This is a great gun tocary n the pocket in a pocket holster or on an ankle. This is my first revolver that I have boughtnd while I was really eyeing the S&W 340pd, I could have bought more than 3 of these for that price.
I have the S&W 770 aluminum airweight of that design. Seems like it would work at relatively short distances.

3 for one, eh? Is that the "throwaway special" for new police academy cadets? Comes with a roll of friction tape? :rotfl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CBRVFR said:
3 for one, eh? Is that the "throwaway special" for new police academy cadets? Comes with a roll of friction tape? :rotfl:
Not exactly, the 340pd is a Scandium fram j-frame that weighs almost nothing. Awesome carry gun, but kicks like a mule with full load .357s. I think I have the record at the range for shooting 50 straight without taking a break... :)

I got the Taurus for ~$300 or so and the S&W lists for over $900 :eek:

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=11101&storeId=10001&productId=14766&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=15704&isFirearm=Y
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,390 Posts
My friend I talked about in your other thread got the S&W for graduation.

He was wearing it with a IWB in a t-shirt and shorts and I never noticed it.

He said 5 rounds of the .357s had his hand sore for a couple of days from pressure where the frame meets the web of the hand.

Incredibly light/small little monster though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,390 Posts
NinerPilot said:
LTL, you ever make it this way Ill open up a whole new gun world to you... Between my stuff, and buddies, I bet we could get you to move outta that state you're in. ;)
:rotfl:

Judging by some of your recent pics, that might very well be true. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
777 Posts
NinerPilot said:
Picked up this little gem today... It was trade into the local range, and they extended me the good price they got on it. 5 shot .38spl, comped barrel, and titanium. This is a great gun tocary n the pocket in a pocket holster or on an ankle. This is my first revolver that I have boughtnd while I was really eyeing the S&W 340pd, I could have bought more than 3 of these for that price.
I had that exact gun until I found out that my dept wouldnt allow me to carry it. They dont authorize any Taurus firearms so I had to let it go. Hell it might be my old gun....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,824 Posts
Diesel954 said:
I had that exact gun until I found out that my dept wouldnt allow me to carry it. They dont authorize any Taurus firearms so I had to let it go. Hell it might be my old gun....
While my carry gun is a G21C, I use a Taurus M85 (all Ti) for a drop, er, backup piece. :O

Uh, so anyway, Taurus makes some pretty nice revolvers. Mine will take a steady diet of .38+P and never gets fussy. They are a great value.

In stark contrast, Smith revolvers aren't what they were fifteen years ago for a whole host of reasons I'm too tired to get into this a.m.

Nice gun, Niner.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top