Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This accident occurred yesterday on one of my favorite interstate ramps.  It is a three lane ramp that involves a right hand bend that switches back left, all with significant elevation changes as it crosses 8 lanes of I-465 and two interchanges.  Needless to say it is fun it you know what you are doing.  The ramp cannot be taken with speed at this time of year because the concrete is cold: (1) it is fall; and (2) it is an overpass cooled by the air and not the earth.  Also, I am always conscious of my tire pressure before traveling this ramp system at speed.  This squid obviously took it too fast and was ejected (high side) off of the overpass.  I don't know if a helmet would have helped.

Accident

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
How far of a drop was it?

IMO, 'enjoying' a ride on a freeway ramp to the degree that it is 'fun' equates to riding too fast.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
'Johnson was not wearing a helmet'.

I couldnt ride like that without a lid.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Looks like a '93 VFR. No lid - Doesn't fit the profile...

We are dropping like flies this year, people. Be Careful, please.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I dont think the 75 and sunny day we had yesterday had anything to do with num nuts crashing.....

We have a few on ramps here where you can carry 40 to 50 mph and drag knee on.....the 465 north exit to 70 west is one....and the 4 465 rockville road are knee draggers too.

I also seem to get better traction on concreat roads when its cold as apposed to asphault.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts