Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally replaced my 2nd gun that was stolen in Oct. Still holding on to the possibility of getting mine back at some point, I found a great deal on a Glock 30. Minutely smaller than my 23 was, and boy does it pack a wallop. 5 rounds in 3 holes @15yds out of a small cannon in my book is fantastic.

As soon as I got it home I ordered a holster for it from the same guys that I have gotten all mine from. If any of you are looking to get a top notch holster at a great deal, check out www.sidearmor.com . Right now they have 10% off and a free mag carrier until Christmas... $30-35 in savings, and for those of you in Law Enforcement or Military, they will cut you an even better price.

Anyhow, Im happy to have a glock again. Ive been so worried that I was going to scratch the Kimber, but now Ive got the tactical tupperware again. :thumb:
Chris

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
NinerPilot said:
Anyhow, Im happy to have a glock again. Ive been so worried that I was going to scratch the Kimber, but now Ive got the tactical tupperware again. :thumb:
Chris
IMO, they look better with wear (but not abuse) on them!

I took my new Ruger 22/45 out for the first time last night. At 25 yards I was putting 6 of 20 in the x ring and all within the 8 on a regulation 25 yd pistol target. By far the best I've ever shot with any pistol.

It helped with the .45 too. I learned from the .22 I had developed a very small flinch with the .45. I worked that out and also shot my best groups ever with the .45 too. The range master came in and showed me the advantages of "combat reloads" instead of using the slide stop also. Best night I've ever had at the range. :thumb:

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
"I was about to get out my 9 and put a cap in dat pig"
for reference on what movie that is here is another clue
"he's already pulled over, he can't pull over any further"

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Cool Chris, I just bought a G30 a couple of weeks ago. Haven't had a chance to fire it yet. Also picked up a SIG 229 in .357sig, along with a .40 barrel.

I struck a deal with a friend on the pictured AR, so I pick it up tomorrow. My second AR...WHOOT!!! :evilaugh:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pete, you will love the 30. I never thought a smaller gun like this would group like it does. I had a Sig 245 that cost twice the price, and didnt shoot as well.

Im telling you guys, if you dont have a GOOD carry holster, check out sidearmor.com. They are awesome and soo cheap right now. Mine was $46 shipped with a spare mag carrier.
Chris

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
I wanted a 30, I wanted to like the 30. After picking it up and comparing it to the USPc in .45, the extra 2 rounds didn't make it worth it to me. :smilebig:

Enjoy the 30, between it and the 21, I sware I shoot them way better than other glocks! :huh:

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pete, is that a Pro-Point with the 4 different reticles? If so, once you get a chance to shoot it, let me know how you like it. The local gun shop has one that has been sitting on the shelf for over a year @ $99 and I bet I can talk them down quite a bit if it is worth a damn. I just cant shell out the grand for a ACOG right now.
Chris

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
ditto sidearmor, I have been using their kydex since like 1999 or so... Had one for my G17 way back when.

Still the same kick ass company. Just be prepared to wait for your holster, demand is high... I waited 7 weeks for a OWB G32 holster. :crying:

·
Registered
682 Posts
Darn it but that revives the itch for me to order another good 45ACP in Browning action to be made to my specs. I have some things in mind, but not enough to lay out my plan of what I want & how I want it done.

Even if I ordered this week I would be waiting some 6 to 9 months to have one specifically made the way I want it, but then the pay-off would be worth it.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
NinerPilot said:
9's are for sissies!!!! :evilaugh: j/k... Im just a fan of larger projectiles.
Chris

Or faster. The .357 Sig is one hot little bastard. :evilaugh:

Nice purchase on the 229 Pete! :thumb:

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
I've had my G30 for a few years now..sheesh, I can't even remeber when I bought it... :huh:

Still love it. :thumb:

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
is that thing going to fit in your had niner? it looks REAL small.

the gun show is in town again this weekend and i may just go visit that guy for that other weapn i was telling you about last saturday :eyebrows:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts