Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, thought I'd say hi from a cold UK. I did something mad and want some words of support!
With the 0% finance deal on with Honda I went to buy myself a 40th bday present, an 09 Blade :eyebrows:, (wife said yes, so off I went). Anyway, I've always had a thing for the SP and despite a ride on a new Blade this pre reg SP2 took my eye in the show room, (no finance deal available, crap part-ex for my mint CBR600RR), but I was smitten and despite an almost like for like cost to the 09 Blade I bought the SP2, (as they say, inline 4's are like a$$ holes, everyone has one).

SO am I happy... oh yes!! Does the SP2 highlight all my weaknesses when riding fast, oh yes! But its so much more of an experience owning one.

Anyway piccie enclosed, currently fitting high level Scorpion cans. Why do these companies provide instructions that are wrong??

Roll on the summer, (its too cold to even work in the garage at the moment)..

Cheers,
Mitch

·
Super Moderator
14,706 Posts
I test rode a 954 and a SP2 when I was shopping for a bike. Loved the SP but went for the comfort of the 954. To each his own and you will have fun mate. :thumb:

·
Registered
758 Posts
Welcome to the .Org.:thumb: Get some pictures posted. I lilke the Europeean color schemes that arent avail here in the states.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pic enclosed, finally.. Black/Red..

If I were honest the White Gray is my favorite scheme for the SP, but saw the other pic scheme somewhere and would really like to get this 'RC-Wing1', (apologies if this is your bike), I love this design..

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Depends wot you mean by brand new:eyebrows: 0 miles on the clock but registered as an 08, (it had been in the show room a while, 9mths).

I did see a 0 miles SP1 for sale in another place for £9000 !

I was a little surprised to find one though.....

·
Registered
656 Posts
Thank you, I keep telling folks who claim the last RC51s came out in 05-06 that Honda UK and elsewhere were still listing them as 08 models on the official sites. So really my 02 is identical to an 08 apart from colors.

·
Registered
18 Posts
There were some very very small differences on the later sp2s the exhaust silencers are different (probably another baffle internally welded) located at footrest level also with a different part no, it even sounds different than my earlier sp2,they also addressed the melting dash with a carbon fibre surround stuck on the dash, and the levers are different,so far thats all i've noticed between them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi guys, just had to post in, I picked up my RC in November. 1000cc V-Twin, gear driven cams, built by Honda? I'll pick that up. The sound alone is worth the price of admission. I feel like a super hero every time I ride it and everyone goes crazy when they see it. It's like walking into room full of dogs and you pulled out a steak.

·
Registered
30 Posts
how true, these sp's are f#@$%^%ing awsome i put mine on the market as cash is limited at the moment. but again after a ride id rather eat once a day and keep her in the garage under covers, just wasted fifty bucks on the ad!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sorry to hear about the hard times. Forget about the money the sale would bring. You'd never to be able to replace it for whatever you would get for it. Besides, in times like these we need our escape!

·
Registered
656 Posts
how true, these sp's are f#@$%^%ing awsome i put mine on the market as cash is limited at the moment. but again after a ride id rather eat once a day and keep her in the garage under covers, just wasted fifty bucks on the ad!!
At least you eat once a day, I have a garage full and the fridge is empty. I even shut it off as it is cold enough if I get something to keep it outside.
Tag registration was out of the question and insurance hasn't been a household item for some time now.
I've been riding for nearly 30 years now, I can control the statistics of having an accident and hurting someone else. The girl in the back kept telling me faster faster yesterday but she has never been hurt by a bike anyway.

We were not put on this earth to serve and obay anyone, nor did we sign a contract with a society at birth. as long as we are conscious we are not hurting someone with our actions, by disregarding their system of control, we are not doing anything morally wrong. Well, maybe some hydrocarbons released and some carbon oxides..... what the hell, if you ever eat you may fart!

·
Registered
30 Posts
hard times...is a great movie with mr charles bronson.. i dont consider myself in hard times, just the usuall after xmas when all the bills come in, and i think maybe a bit selfish to have such a toy, but you allways find a way around it,because once again these bikes really are unique, they give so much and require so little in return, so it is agreed the bike is going nowhere

·
Registered
1 Posts
At least you eat once a day, I have a garage full and the fridge is empty. I even shut it off as it is cold enough if I get something to keep it outside.
Tag registration was out of the question and insurance hasn't been a household item for some time now.
I've been riding for nearly 30 years now, I can control the statistics of having an accident and hurting someone else. The girl in the back kept telling me faster faster yesterday but she has never been hurt by a bike anyway.

We were not put on this earth to serve and obay anyone, nor did we sign a contract with a society at birth. as long as we are conscious we are not hurting someone with our actions, by disregarding their system of control, we are not doing anything morally wrong. Well, maybe some hydrocarbons released and some carbon oxides..... what the hell, if you ever eat you may fart!
Be happy Zerogara man, you may not have food but you have a girlfriend and fuel money for rides!
That’s cool in difficult times

·
Registered
35 Posts
I will get a big stare from the people even with the traffic police...even some of them asking me , what model of this bike.....because here, in Singapore...less then 30 SP1 & Sp2 altogether..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts