Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everybody, new to the forum and just wanted to say hello.
I'm new to fireblade ownership after lusting after one since my teens, finally made the leap after an RVF400 then Yam R6, bought myself a '96 RRT Blade in need of a little love and attention.

plenty of time to do her up though as the crappy pre-winter weather has definetly set in in the North of England!!

looking forward to having a good scout around the forum and making a few like-minded buds.

cheers
Josh

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Hi Josh, welcome to the org!

Can I pester you for some pictures? Whats needed on the Blade?

·
Premium Member
4,171 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sure:

this is the bike as i bought it:

here it is a week ago:

I bought the bike from where i work, it came in as a stolen recovered bike, basically just had the ignition switch wires cut and a dented tank. (oh, and the previous owner must have forgotten to paint it)

In essence, the bike wants a full top-to-bottom-inside-out service
and cosmetic attention.

Ive since got a fresh (but not new) tank for it, ordered a shiny new chain and sprocket kit from-t'bay and spunked a bit of cash on a built-to-order Nitron shock from HPS (who, just from a customer service perspective alone, i'd reccommend to ANYBODY)

besides mundane service bits, the plan is to upgrade the bike in the vein/ vain? of Hondas original brief; by not adding un-necessary trinkets for the sake of it, but by swapping out parts that are either lighter/ of superior quality/ performance enhancing while still keeping the bike as near to standard looking as possible (and yes, i am determined to keep the 16" front, even if it does severely limit my choice of rubber!)

for the immediate future the plan is to:
1. upgrade the brakes a bit (Hel Lines and better pads, possibly a radial M/C in the pipeline too)

2. find a proper end can (until ive saved/ pimped the missus out enough, to buy a full akrapovic system/ k&n & dyno time)

3. get some pazzo levers (i know they might be seen as bling to some, but i bet they are lighter than standard levers, and they sure feel nicer as far as i'm concerned)(also, i'm not keen on the anodised red ones, so thats reason enough for me!!)

4. and just generally tidy it up to a standard it deserves as a modern classic. (been getting intimate with the wire wheel this week, shining up the tired looking fastners, boring but strangely satisfying!)
may get the frame and other bits of bare ally vapour blasted and the wheels freshly powder coated too.

·
Super Moderator
14,706 Posts
G'day & :welcome:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts