Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup.. finally got rid of the lil dinky 5 x 8 enclosed cargo trailer that had NO head room for loading or unloading... and ofcourse the new snowmobile trailer is just too big to haul for 1 or 2 bikes... so this is what I got!

a 6' x 12" with ramp door and side door and roof vent and lights...

It was in rough shape inside but easily fixed up for not much money...

I included the before pics ... so you might appreciate the AFTER a bit more :p

All work done by ME... still got more to do .. it's work in progess...

Got E-track on it's way... Traction Tape (12" wide - 60' Long roll)... Helmet racks... and Baxley Wheel Chocks... :eyebrows:

E.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
What is it with you gals and this compulsion to have the biggest, longest, smoothest, shiniest, most capacious trailer??

:D

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice! What's behind curtain number 1? :D
wouldn't you like to know :eyebrows: - seriously though.. storage area for the usual clutter like tool box, spare parts, boots, and gas can...

I'll have some hanging hook soon like I had in teh other one to hang my leathers from... if I had had a lil foresight I would have ended the counter top just short from the left side and left about a foot of space for the leathers to hang up there so as to not take up anymore space... BUT oh well. I went for the most secure and sturdy way to install the counter to and it just so happened to be the right length where I only had to shave a tad off to make it fit...

What is it with you gals and this compulsion to have the biggest, longest, smoothest, shiniest, most capacious trailer??

:D
careful hun - there's plenty of room for YOU under the counter :evilaugh:

Where the puppet master goes.:eek:
:hmm: nah that's the back of the suburban :rotfl:

E.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hahaha... the before pics were the guy that I bought it from.. I was in such a hurry to get started I forgot to take BEFORE pics LOL... so yeah that one was a tad blurry but it was from a camera phone ...

lot's of room for us with this one V.... and if I do things right we can even fit a third in there if need be ;)

E.

·
Registered
212 Posts
It looks....sterile. Very clean inside, nice!:clap: Did you just paint the walls? What did you make the bench out of? I need a winter project, and my trailer is on the list. Thanks E.!:thumb: And where is a good deal for E-track, anybody know??

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It looks....sterile. Very clean inside, nice!:clap: Did you just paint the walls? What did you make the bench out of? I need a winter project, and my trailer is on the list. Thanks E.!:thumb: And where is a good deal for E-track, anybody know??

hahah... yeah so far it's clean :p

yup used KilzKote (sp?) on the walls and floor.. then painted the walls with an exterior white paint...

bench is a kitchen counter top I had laying around :thumb: - supported by 6 2x4's and a handful of L-brackets between the support legs along the back wall.. MIGHTY STURDY :eyebrows:

I searched all over locally for that E-track with no luck so I went to the internet and searched all over and found the best deal at Tarps & Tie-Downs, Inc. 10' galv. Track $ 22.50 , End caps $ 1.50, D-rings $ 3.96

If ya wanted powdercoated instead of Galv. if you type in part # 43002 you get a 10' track for $13.50 if you do a normal search for e-track that same part is listed as $ 17.03.. must of not updated a page on their site with old pricing LOL.. and you can still add it to your cart from that $ 13.50 page ;) BUT I wanted Galvanized not powder coated.. an heck of a savings if ya don't mind the powder coated :cool:

E.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
nice setup. get a good deal? very nicely done. outside upgrades?:thumb:
workin on it.. but not yet.. gotta get a fresh coat of Rustoleum on the metal around the outside and wash it good and then I'm gonna cut out some graphics to on it to personalize it :D

E.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts