Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perusing .net today, I found yet another dreaded oil thread. This isn't which is the best oil, or any of that crap, just a recommendation. I, like many, have spent heaps of time researching this and that. I keep seeing people stating that they buy some pricey synthetic oil and change it, at like 2k miles. Personally, if you are going to change your oil that frequently, and the bike isn't a racebike, buy the cheapest alternative you can find, like some Castrol cage oil that isn't energy conserving. Ok, damnit, I didn't mean to get into that! At whatever oil change interval you are using, spend a couple of bucks at

http://www.blackstone-labs.com/
or Amsoil themselves and have them analyze your oil to see if it has detoriated enough to warrant replacement. If you can afford to buy pricey $5-10 a quart oil, you should have a few bucks to spend to analyze it so you can know what you are actually doing and see if you are wasting $.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Thank you thank you thank you. I just posted this on another board where I'm tired of all these guys that piss away oil changes every 2000km! Yes, 2000km, that's 1250miles!!!

*sigh* I hope this kills those discussions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts