Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today on my way to work I noticed the bike is jumping up to 228 degrees without the fan kicking in I was in the city going around 60MpH but lots of stop-go traffic temp goes down as soon as I take off.

I've noticed same thing happening before like 2 times but in really hot weather and really dead traffic and fan was kicking in.

the weird part is that when I stopped to park the bike the fan kicked in right away kept the bike running for a few seconds the fan kicks in again weird eh ?

till yesterday the fan was usually kicking in somewhere around 220 degrees sometimes 216 sometimes 223 but u get the idea.

noticed the overflow bottle is full today after I parked it even squirted out some coolant from the overflow hose

is there anything I should check or just keep an eye on it for now? it seems that some odd times it just does that the 954 does it sometimes too tha fan sometimes kicks in around 230F and I've no idea why and then it's back to normal guess it's the diffrence in temperature between the radiator thermostats and the cluster unit in the back of the cylinder head.

well no idea why I've typed all this but just want ur opnions probably I'll go nuts after work trying to find out what's wrong

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have you tried adding water wetter? i was advised by the guy i bought mine from to do this cause he said he had the same problem before he started using it

·
Registered
559 Posts
I would say use water wetter at the very least. You need something to up the boiling temp of your coolant, the overflowing could be caused by your coolant boiling and making pressure, forcing some of it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts