Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, we hit up some twisties today; unfortunately a friend of ours dumped (low-sided) his ducati 748 baliff (sp?) replica.  It wouldn't have been that bad except a tree picked the bike up and body slammed it into the field...better the bike than him.  He's scratched and bruised but no serious injuries thank goodness.  I was right behind him when it happened .....

another friend of ours dumped his '03-R6 a month or two ago...i was right behind him when it happend as well....i'm starting to think i'm cursing the man riding in front of me  :-/

i know you guys want the pix so here they are:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nevermind; the pix r too big for this forum. here's a link to the same thing i already posted on another site....sorry to mix forums guys .. this is still my fav

Linky

·
Registered
728 Posts
My heart sunk when I looked at those pictures. That was one sweet looking ride before the low-side. I'll bet he is still crying just from looking at that crashed bike. Glad to hear he is ok, which is the important thing.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Glory,

I've heard it's often the case that the rider behind the crasher will fixate on the accident and follow into the weeds, so it's good that you have been able to keep your concentration where it belongs. If you haven't done so, you might consider taking a first aid- CPR class.....

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm Glad to here your mate's O.K.
nothing worse than looking at ya pride and
joy wrecked I know how it feels.
but atleast ya mates O.K.
Flesh and blood is alot harder to heal than plastic
and metal!
All the best
Coxy

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
like the rest said, at least it wasn't him. Nw he gets to use his insurance to buy a new honda

* note to self* do not ride with glory452

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bubba : like the rest said, at least it wasn't him.  Nw he gets to use his insurance to buy a new honda

* note to self* do not ride with glory452
'DOH !!!!   don't say that too loud or i'll have no one to with ....

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
There's a great editorial on smooth, fast, safe street riding in this month's SPORT RIDER. I think it says alot about keeping the rubber side down and purposely staying a step this side of the edge. That takes experience, maturity and discretion.

Not passing judgement - it's just that I've seen too many folded up motorcycles (and folded up bodies) in 15 years of public safety work. By far and away, rider error is the usual suspect (despite what you might think, i.e. cages turning left for instance).

Anyway, glad to hear everyone's alright.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts