Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got home last night I must have received 20 phone calls asking if I was OK. There was a fatal crash in my town. Later, after making some calls myself, since I was sure I would know who it was, I found out it was a very good freind's younger brother. My freind doesn't ride but those of us that do helped get his brother involved in the sport. The incident involved a train and took the life of 19 yr old Matt Chin last night. This is a great family and they have been so much in the last year, it's just so hard to beleive.

Bill

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Another death?!!

Sorry man

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Wow, that's terrible. I hope he was being responsible and didn't try to do what I think he did.

Best wishes to the family. This is not a good year for motorcyclists.

Be careful out there guys and girls

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about this. My condolences to his family and friends.

This is happening way too often.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ND4SPDSHO : Wow, that's terrible. I hope he was being responsible and didn't try to do what I think he did.

Best wishes to the family. This is not a good year for motorcyclists.

Be careful out there guys and girls
I'm sure you're right sort of. It's tragic and you hate to point fingers but he did make an error in judgement. A train was broken down and not blocking the intersection, though the gates were down and traffic was backed up. It appears he wen't to go around the stopped train when one from the other direction at full speed came through. His poor mother lost her husband Christmas day and now this. She was in bed and can't walk after knee surgery, the police were ringing her bell and she called her other son to find out what they wanted and got the news from him over the phone.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Terrible shame. I'm very sorry.

This sort of stuff comes in bunches...

I got an e-mail from 929Flyer (a local buddy of mine and Org member) explaining that he couldn't go on a group ride which I arranged for this Friday because his wife and kids had been in a bad car crash. Thankfully for him though, they will all live.

This stuff serves as a little bump on the head to all of us to be thankful for that/those which we have in our lives.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Damn.

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
Chain : I got an e-mail from 929Flyer (a local buddy of mine and Org member) explaining that he couldn't go on a group ride which I arranged for this Friday because his wife and kids had been in a bad car crash. Thankfully for him though, they will all live.
Chain, please PM me with what you know. Rob is a good buddy of mine.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
tigerblade : Quote (Chain @ Oct. 15 2003, 10:09am)I got an e-mail from 929Flyer (a local buddy of mine and Org member) explaining that he couldn't go on a group ride which I arranged for this Friday because his wife and kids had been in a bad car crash. Thankfully for him though, they will all live.
Chain, please PM me with what you know.  Rob is a good buddy of mine.  
Check your e-mail.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
It’s sad to think that all of us here chose riding as a hobby, career, love that can have such a great impact on the people around us!!

Godspeed Matt Chin

1 - 20 of 26 Posts