Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am expecting my new Sato rearsets tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone had any advice to make the installation go easier. Any kinks anybody has encountered that I should know about? And should I use lock tite, is so what bolts should I use it on? Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
If it's for a 929, Make sure you replace the shifter linkage rod with the stock rod off the bike or the linkage will be too short. It's in the instructions, but for some reason, I overlooked it at first and had trouble setting the shifter position. I must have gone over the instuctions ten times before I caught it.

I didn't locktite any of the linkage lock nuts or pinch bolts, but I did locktite the rerarset to frame and foot peg positioning bolts.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Definitely use locktite on all bolts. I didn't and my shifter rod came loose because some of the bolts worked themselves loose and that was only after 2 sessions on the track. Better safe than sorry...I used the blue stuff.

No other problems I can think of. I did get the wrong heel plate with mine but got a new one sent pronto. If you have a 954, there's a long bolt you'll get and I'm told it's for the rear brake...it's to replace the adjuster rod (for lack of the correct description) for brake height. There's no explanation of it in the paperwork that you'll get. I even called Alex @ Dan Kyle's shop and he didn't know what it was for. Someone from this board mentioned it's use. If you use the installed stock rod, the rear brake lever is way too low. I haven't changed mine yet but plan to do so when I winterize my bike in the very near future.

If you have ?? about the install, give us a shout. It's pretty straight forward and you'll see how things go together by the pictures as the instructions are pretty worthless.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts